Chapter 26 The Voultri

A/N: This is short but alot of people have been asking for an update so here it is. Enjoy!

Chapter 26 The Voultri

Bella and I ran for Edward, Bella getting on my back as the people became more dense. I was able to push through them more easily. Alice would join us later, she had to find another way to us, the sunlight posed a problem. We reached a fountain just as the clock struck noon and Edward stood under it. I jumped into the fountain and ran towards him and Bella clung on as I collided with him. I knocked Edward back into the shadows, my body covering his, "look at me, open your eyes!" Bella demanded.

I moved aside as Bella got off my back and slid onto Edward. The two conversed and we were joined by Demetri and Felix. "Oh, look, a half breed has joined them." I growled at their name for me. All of us were to come with them back to their lair. Just then Alice joined us.

"Come on guys, it's a festival, wouldn't want to make a scene."

"No, we wouldn't," Felix agreed.

I heard another set of shoes coming towards us, "Enough," a voice said. Everyone reacted in fear except for Bella. I growled annoyed, it wasn't my first face-off with Jane. I had come across her and her brother Alec before, but that was a long time ago. "Aro sent me to see what was taking so long. Ah, Asha, it's been too long."

"I thought it hadn't been long enough," I growled. We all followed and Edward put the cloak on he was handed. Edward kept Bella by his side and I made sure to stand by her other side and Alice stood behind her. As we came to where the vampires would be there was a human at a desk. Bella talked to Edward about it figuring out she wanted to be one of them and Jane added she may end up being dessert.

"Bella is alive after all. Isn't that wonderful? I love a happy ending?" Aro said coming up to us and pulling Edward's hand from Bella's. I had met him briefly and once before. He spoke in Itialian, commenting that Bella's blood sang to Edward. He continued to talk about how her blood appealed to him. Edward explained what Aro was doing to Bella and Aro asked Bella if he could try to read her mind.

Bella stepped forward and placed her hand in his, after a few moments of silence he said, "Interesting, I see nothing." He started to walk away but then turned to look at Jane. "Let us... I wonder if she is immune to all our powers? Shall we Jane?"

Instantly Edward sprung forward crying, "no." Alec moved to hold Bella in place as Jane turned her powers on Edward and Demetri held Alice.

"Pain," Jane said as Edward felt her power hit him and he dropped to the floor.

"Stop. Just stop hurting him, please, please," Bella begged as Alice and I made it over to Edward's side.

"Jane," Aro said, calling her off.

"Master?"

"Go ahead my dear," he said giving Jane the go-ahead to try her powers on Bella.

"This may hurt just a little," Jane said but Bella never flinched. After a while, Aro laughed clapping his hands, pulling Jane out of what seemed to be a spell.

"Remarkable, she confounds us all. So, what are we going to do with you now?" Aro asked and I moved to stand beside her.

"You already know what you're going to do Aro," Marcus said as though bored.

"She knows too much, she's a liability," Caius said.

"That's true, Felix," Aro said as I shifted and lowered myself over Bella so they couldn't get to her. Edward immediately started to fight him and others tried to push me over so they could get to Bella.

"No, no, no, no, no, please!" Bella screamed just as they were about to tear off Edward's head. Aro told Felix to wait, "Kill me, not him." This got their attention.

"How extraordinary. You would give up your life for someone like us? A vampire? A soulless monster?" Aro asked.

"You don't know a thing about his soul," Bella said strongly.

Aro once again spoke in Italian. "This is sadness, if only it be your intention to give her immortality." Aro moved to try to bite her and I growled at him as Alice cried out.

"Wait!" He stopped his movement to bite her. "Bella will be one of us, I've seen it." He held his hand out to her and she stepped forward and took it. They stood there for a few moments before Aro broke the silence.

"Memorizing, to see what you have seen before it has happened. Your gifts will make for an intriguing immortal Isabelle. Go now, make your preparations."

"Let us be done with this. Heidi will be arriving any moment. Thank you for your visit," Marcus said as I shifted back to human form.

"I would advise that you follow through with your plan, we don't offer second chances," Caius said as we left. Demetri was escorting us out.

"I can lead us out Demetri," I said as a group of humans walked by. I tried to ignore the fact that children were in the group, some as young as five. With that, he left and I led us back to the stolen car, ignoring the screams of the poor people that had just lost their lives.