Chapter 3: The Truth Comes Out

X There is some offensive words in this chapter just fair warning you. Also I know there isn't more detail and I apologize. It will be edited so yeah. X

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard sharp heels clacking against the tiled floor. They were moving fast, getting closer and closer to me. I moved faster. My eyes stinging while tears drop down my cheeks.

“Jasmin wait! Stop!” The woman yelled from behind me. Her breath was short and heavy.

I reached the library and leaned against a book shelf hiding behind the wood in an attempt to get Mrs. Bennett off my trail. My breathing was hard and fractured from all the running I had done. Unfortunately for me, my plan had a big flaw; since the library’s floors were carpeted it made the principal’s spiky heels sound like they were far away. The steps didn’t even sound half an octave higher. I slid down the smooth wood until I was sitting on my heels, and my head was against the shelf.

“Jasmine, I don’t like being he bear of bad news but I don’t want to see your sweet little heart be tampered with.” Mrs. Bennett said coming up to me from the other isle of books. I looked at her dark brown puddle eye that connected with my blue ones.

“Why do you even care?” I questioned quietly while still looking into her eyes.

“No one else may see how hurt or torn you are but I do…I see in your eyes what you went through. I even experienced some of it myself. Plus, how could I not care I’m your principal, and who couldn’t care anyway when you are such a lovely young lady.” 

My breath caught in my throat. Ring, Ring! “Hello?” I said into my cell phone. It was Camryn. Out of no where I felt the skinny, delicate fingers of Mrs. Bennett pushing back a piece of hair that was hanging in my face behind my ear. “I love you Jaz.” Cam said after saying other things of which I did not hear. I was about to say the same sentence back when I was caught off guard by a cold hand grabbing mine. I looked up and saw a picture of Cam half naked and Anya, the cheerleader on top kissing him. Tears were pressured to leak out of my eyes. I dropped my phone and sat on my butt while bringing my knees up tom chest. Mrs. Bennett sat next to me; wrapping her arms around me as best as she could. I leaned my head on her shoulder and sobbed into her soft, glorious dark brown curls that had the essence of vanilla. I soon put the phone to my ear.

“Jaz you there?” Camryn asked.

“Y-yeah I’m here.”

“Okay well I can’t come to your house tonight. Have to help my mom with some things around the house.” 

I felt my principal’s hands in mine, and her bony fingers interlocked with mine as well. Then I felt something hot brush against my right ear that was not covered by my cell phone.

“I am sorry Jasmine. I just didn’t want to keep this from you.” she whispered in my ear. Chills crawled down my spine when I felt  her hot breath against my ear and neck. I tensed unwillingly since this was one of my weaknesses. “Getting a little hot and bothered?” She giggled.

“Why are you acting this way to me at a time like this?” 

“I was just trying to sort of get your mind off of it.” 

I forgot that I hadn’t hung up on Camryn. 

“Jasmine are you there?” he asked through the phone.

“Yeah sorry. I love you too.” I said. Then he said goodbye and hung up.

“Are you going to be okay sweetie?” Mrs. Bennett breathed in my ear again. I moved an inch away from her.

“Yes. I’ll be fine but you need to stop doing that.” I giggled. 

I’m sorry it amuses me is all. You know how you react to it. Also if you need anyone to talk to I’m here for you.” She slightly squeezed my hand and all I did was nod. 

DING! I slowly got up form the floor letting my principal go first then I followed to go to my English class. I was walking down the stairs and ran into my best friend Candy Stewart, whom I don’t see too often during the day except for homeroom and English. If I didn’t go looking for that cheating as whole Camryn I would’ve been able to see her. She was a cheerleader though not the preppy type. Though the only bad thing is…she’s friends with Anya.

“Hey!” She said.

“Hi what’s up?” 

“Ceiling.” she giggled I smiled. “So…guess what we’re reading today in English?”

“What?” 

“Romeo and Juliet!” She jumped up and down excitedly. 

“Oh and I forgot to mention she is a hopeless romantic. I hate English. I suck at it plus I don’t see what’s so great about Romeo and Juliet anyway. They fall in love then they commit suicide. If you ask me it’s pretty pathetic honestly. Giving your life up for another.

“Yay!” I squealed sarcastically.

“Oh c’mon Jaz have a romantic bone in your body for once. Oh my gosh! Look at that! Disgusting!” she stopped walking and looked down the hall.

“Wh-” I looked down the hall also and saw Krissy, a girl in our grade and another girl kissing at her locker. “What about it?”

Candy’s mouth fellopen. “What about it? Jasmine you don’t find that unbelievably disgusting! She’s kissing another girl on the lips! What a dyke!” She screamed down the hallway. A group of kids at the locker across the hall from the couple were laughing hysterically. Krissy looked up to Candy with sadness in her eyes. I felt so bad for her. I was also confused I had never seen Candy act this way! I also didn’t know she was homophobic! 

“You wanna say that to my face skank?” Krissy’s girlfriend screamed while starting to walk towards Candy and I.

“I will. What are you gonna do about it? Kiss me?” I nudged my friend in the side with my elbow. “What?”

“Why are you being so hard on her?”

“She’s a lesbian Jaz! It’s nasty!”  

I didn’t say anything back to her instead I looked up at Krissy who had a glint of hope in her eyes as if she thought I was going to say something else to Candy or possibly punch her out. When my friend turned to walk away I mouth a full hearted ‘sorry’ to the couple. I turned back, and at that exact moment I heard the loud clack of heels coming around the corner. It was Mrs. Bennett.

“Who just used that word?” She yelled. Her face was stern.

“Her, Misses she called me a skank.” Candy said pointing to Krissy.

“I don’t’ care if she called you a skank! I care about what you called her!” 

“A dyke Misses? That what she is I-” 

“You were just being rude and decide that it would be fun to be mean to her about her sexual orientation! Detention for a week with Mr. Finnigan.”

“Whatever. I never knew telling the truth would get you sent to detention.” Candy said.

“Quiet! Go, just get out of my sight Miss Stewart.” Mrs. Bennett bellowed. Our principal walked towards us and embraced Krissy in a comforting hug. “Are you alright? Don’t let her words affect you sweetie.” 

“Yes, I’m fine. It’s not like I’ve never been called that name before.”

“People these days need to find something else to occupy themselves besides whoring around and calling each other names. Well I have to go to a meeting now. Bye.”

Then Mrs. Bennett walked off to the conference room with all the teachers.