Chapter 20: Sorry Doesn't Fix Anything

WARNING for forced sex in this chapter not until very end. Do not read the end if it's a trigger to you it won't effect the other upcoming chapters.  

Happy reading! Leave me your thoughts and feelings :) Thank you for sticking with me!

Amy's POV

I gathered my things up in the office and headed to my car. I drove to Jasmine's house and parked in the driveway. I really needed to apologize to her for the ass I was the other day. I hit my fist three times on the door lightly being rather glad that she didn't have a peep hole otherwise once she would see who it is she'd ignore the door but since there wasn't one she had no choice but to open the door. When the door did open I was met with frost blue eyes.

"Hello Kristina." I say offering a smile.

She frowns at me and crosses her arms. I expect the door to slam on me in that moment. It does not.

"You hurt her a lot you know. You tore her heart in two." The young girl says to me with a saddened voice. Though she still steps aside to let me inside.

I sigh knowing this isn't going to go well at all even though there are good intentions. I heard sobs in the living room and figured that was where I'd find the girl who's heart I'd broken and that secretly held mine. I knocked lightly on the archway before entering the living room. It physically pained me to see her this upset, especially knowing that I had been the one to cause it.

"Jasmine." I say lightly. No response. "I know you don't want to talk to me right now but I wanted to say I'm sorry I was an ass and that was not the proper way to deal with this."

She lifts her head up to look at me, there are dried tear streaks but no tears at the moment. Her facial expression quickly turning from one of sadness to anger. "And what do you suppose is proper Mrs. Bennett? It's cute how you think an apology is going to mend everything. Let me show you something. I'm sorry"

Jasmine stands up; grabbing a white glass plate as she did. She raised it above her head with two hands, as she did this in reaction I threw my hands up to protect myself but the blow never came. A loud smashing sounded. I lower my hands and look at the plate in a ton of tiny pieces on the wooden floor.

"Now look at that plate! I apologized and is it fixed!?" The blonde was screaming now I don't think I've ever seen her this angry.

"No." I simply say hanging my head.

"Exactly! It's shattered! Just like my heart Amy! Do you really think you saying sorry is really going to fucking fix it! Because if that's what you think fuck you!" She was screaming at the top of her lungs, her voice hoarse from crying. I tried to go to her and calm her down but she turned away from me. "No! You know what just leave!"

At this point Krissy comes in the room up behind Jasmine and wraps her arms around her; calming the girl down. Which if I was honest I'd say made me somewhat jealous since I wanted to be the one to hold her but I couldn't do that right now. It'd only make things worse, so I respected her wishes and left her house. I forced tears to stop at the very corners of my eyes. I broke her. She was the most beautiful porcelain doll in the china cabinet and I shattered her into a million pieces. My heart felt the same but I didn't want to risk putting her in danger. I finally got to my destination after sitting outside Jasmine's house debating whether or not I should go back in or not but decided against it.

"Oh mom I'm in a terrible position. You remember that girl I was telling you about? Well we have hit a very rocky path. See I didn't tell you everything." I take a deep breath and a few tears drip from the corners of my eyes. "We are forbidden to be together, I know if you were here you'd tell me to follow my heart and to hell with consequences but it's not that easy this time. I'm afraid she is going to get hurt and if she did that on my account I would never be able to forgive myself. I messed things up; I think I ruined what chance we would have had."

In that moment I couldn't pick myself up off the ground where a heart shaped headstone made out of black marble with flecks of white sat. Its like looking into her eyes there was always a twinkle in them, she'd always look for the brightest possibilities in life. I just completely broke down. I released tears for the past and the present. For the loss of my best friend, and mother, for knowing that I have to go home to the abusive asshole I so idiotically married, and for completely ruining things with Jasmine. I checked my watch and realized that I should get home. I pulled into the driveway and opened the door to an awful sight. Shards of glass cover the kitchen floor, pictures were ripped up, and the cushions of the furniture looked like it was slashed open with a knife. I wanted to run but I knew I couldn't just leave. He would find me even if I did. With great hesitation I slipped off my pumps and tiptoed up the stairs to the bedroom. No one in site. I sigh with relief; knowing that if he were here I'd be beaten senseless. I've never seen him do this much damage. My sigh was quickly switched over to a scream of agony as I was being pulled almost by the root of my hair.

"Welcome home honey." He said in my ear. The way he said it I could tell he was grinning from ear to ear. The bastard yanked me by my hair to the bedroom, he ripped my shirt and bra off in one movement. In a flash he pushed me onto the bed face up.

My eyes got as big as saucers when, without warning, he slipped my left hand through a loop of rope and tightened it. I've been through a lot of shit with him but this is not one of them. No. I'm so done with this shit! I'm going to fight back dammit! I kicked my foot out hard right into his crotch, he doubled over in pain. I reached over with my other hand and started to work out the knot he made to keep the rope nice and tight. There was no use, it was too tight, not only was this a bad situation to begin with but I just made it worse. After minutes of trying to fight him off I found myself not being able to physically do it; so I just took his abuse and looked blankly at the ceiling while inside I was crying and screaming and kicking him in the face.

"Ah! You bitch!" He growled in anger, holding his face.

I continued flailing my legs at him when he tried to grab them, though I could feel my energy draining from my body but I refused to quit until my legs couldn't physically do it anymore. I didn't even flinch when his rough calloused hands grab my hips before practically ripping my underwear off.

"That's better." I hear him chuckle before pressing his body onto mine. His lips trail down my neck leaving sloppy, wet, disgusting kisses. The only thing I can do while he defiled my body is stare at up at the ceiling and just allowing myself to become numb. Soon the image of the ceiling begins to fade and I don't see anything but a sea of black.