Page 4

Something small, no someone small, slammed into my side and knocked me over. I snapped my head up and stared at the pink haired little genin.

                “The hell is wrong with you? I could have killed you, ya know that?” I snapped at her furiously before I was pulled up and pinned to yet another familiar chest. I let out an enraged cry before giving up entirely.

                “Damn it Kakashi, you’re always one step ahead of me.” I stated, remembering all the times my childhood neighbor had beaten me at everything from sparing to hide and seek.

                “Four if you consider age. And might I recommend you not be as good at hiding now?” He said without letting go and looked past me to the pink haired girl. “That was a good move Sakura. Next time aim for the head.” That threw me into a flashback.

                I had slid into the mud, failing to do what Kakashi had just suggested to the genin. I was only four, Kakashi was eight. He was already a chunin and I trained with him in private all the time.

                He crouched next to me and sat me up, brushing the mud, blood, and tears off my face. “I can’t do it Kakashi! I’ll never be as good as you.” I had announced miserably, crying a little harder, but Kakashi had only chuckled and patted my head.

                “One day you’ll be as good as me Kit. I promise.” He had told me.

                I sighed and glanced back at Kakashi, who was for some reason still not letting me go. “You broke your promise Kakashi. I’m still not as good as you.” I informed him, frowning.

                “Well, from what I’ve heard you certainly excel in other departments.” He stated bluntly. My cheeks burned and I felt myself ready to have a fit.

                “The hell are you talking about? How do you know?” I exclaimed and kicked, trying to get out of his firm grasp.

                “Oh, word of good entertainment gets around.” He sounded all too pleased about it. “I think you lived up to all the talk.” I gasped at that.

                “You saw me?” I shrieked. “Oh my god, my life is over! Let me go so I can take a shower!” I demanded and he actually did.

                I ran to Iruka. “I’m sorry I flipped you over!” I ran to Sakura, resting a hand on her shoulder. “I’m sorry I yelled at you!” I ran to Kasai. “I’m sorry I scared the crap out of you and didn’t talk to you after we killed those guys during the war all those years ago!” I was frantic. I backed up into the center of what was probably an accidently formed circle.

                “I’m sorry I didn’t come back for my father’s funeral. I’m sorry I wasn’t here when everyone had kids. I’m sorry I wasn’t here to go to the academy and see all my friends graduate. I’m sorry I did stupid things in Kusagakure. And I’m sorry I didn’t stop drawing on the walls for Asuma until we moved and it didn’t matter anymore!” I felt like I was having a breakdown.