Page 23

A tall boy with tan skin, saggy dark hair, and bright red eyes walked out and stopped in front of me. He wore an arrogant smile and couldn’t have been much older than the genin I’ve associated with. Why would they set up a fight between me, a prodigy, jonin, ANBU ninja with what may be a genin?

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Kitto-sama.” He said as we bowed to each other.

“I might say the same if I knew who you were, but considering you’re a Senju I suppose it’s a pleasure.” I said and we straightened up again.

“All ready?” Shikaku asked and looked to both of us. We nodded and he nodded back.

“Begin!”

The kid immediately started making hand signs. Ram, horse, and then dragon.

“What, but that’s impossible!” I exclaimed and jumped back out of the way as a large dragon’s head for me from mud on the ground. It’s mouth opened and a glowing ball started forming.

Tiger, hare, bore, dog; a wall of rock shot up in front of me and blocked the first blast.

This isn’t going to hold. I need a plan.

I looked around as the second blast hit and sent a crack down my wall. One more hit and I was done for.

Okay, focus, I’ve got this.

I made my hand sign and jumped out of the way as mist blurred the entire stadium into pearly moisture. I had done a lot of ANBU missions in the mist and found that the technique was commonly used. It took nearly two years to perfect considering I’m not of the mist, but it was well worth it.

I made two shadow clones and let down my sleeves. A ball of light came flying at me and I ducked out of the way just in time as it ripped into the side of the stadium. People screamed and I had to formulate the rest of my plan.

“Ni!” Claws formed and I latched onto the now crumbling wall. I pulled myself up and walked along the ledge, where I had to leap over a few people leaning over it.

“Where is she?”

“I can’t see anything!”

“She’s from the leaf isn’t she? How can she do that?”

“Is she crazy? She’ll get us all killed!”

“Maybe that’s what she wants.”