Page 25

There was a bursting sound and the dragon disappeared. As it did an ear piercing scream echoed from behind me. I spun around as I landed and chidori fizzled out andkuikkushiruba liquefied. Shiryu fell from his standing position, clutching his chest. Had I possessed a true intent to kill him that would have been the time, but I didn’t. He was just a kid.

He twitched and wreathed, clearly choking on his own blood. Shikaku stepped in and we ran to his side along with a team of medical ninja. We turned him onto his side, where he could cough up the blood he was choking on.

“Kitto-sama,” He moaned and reached a shaky hand to me. There were five holes in his chest from where my claws had punctured his chakra dragon.

“I’m here, what is it?” I asked as I took his hand.

He smiled. “Tell my mother I’m okay.” He said before losing consciousness.

The medical team carted him off and I scanned the crowed. There was a woman standing at the ledge right next to Sakura and Ino. She was crying and covering her mouth, staring at her son being removed from the arena after a short fight. I glanced up at the sky. The sun was setting. Lord Hokage must have known the battle wouldn’t have been long one way or the other.

I stood up.

“Ni.” I said again and small claws formed around my fingers. I jogged to the wall of the arena that had been blasted half apart and laboriously climbed up it. I let out a grunt as I reached the top and stood back up, wanting to walk along the ledge again.

“Are you Shiryu’s mother?” I asked and got her attention. She jumped and stared at me in horror. I smiled and tilted my head to the side. “It’s alright,” I brushed my hood back. “I’m just delivering a message.” I assured her and crouched down in front of where she stood.

“Shiryu told me to let you know he was okay.” I told her though I wasn’t so sure. The dragon was the heart of his chakra, so the incisions were directly around his heart. They could have grazed it and at least hit arteries.

My expression dropped.

“But he isn’t?” She asked knowingly.

“It’s hard to tell, but don’t worry too much about it. We have a really well trained and skilled medical team looking after him. Just think positive.” I told her with a new smile and averted my attention to the genin.

“Kitto that was amazing!” Naruto exclaimed.

I laughed lightly.