Page 32

“And she’s been coming in here every day. She sits here and holds you hand. Sometimes she talks like you would actually hear her. I think she might be kind of crazy.” Naruto said, receiving a punch from Sakura.

                “You don’t just say that about people you idiot! Talking to people in a coma is part of the grieving process!” She snapped at him, and I pushed myself up on my elbows, scooting back to lean against the headboard.

                Naruto apologized profusely and Sakura continued to yell at him. That was until two people filled up the doorway.

                “Good morning.” I told Kotetsu and Izumo weakly as I managed a smile.

                Kotetsu crossed the room quickly, pushed Naruto and Sakura out of the way, and drew me into a reasonably painful hug.

                “Kit, I thought I was going to lose you. Thank god.” He said without letting up any.

                “Yeah, I’m alive, that’s great, but I’m going to pass out if you keep subjecting me to severe pain.” I warned him and he let go. Sakura and Naruto inched out of the room.

                “I’m sorry. Do you need pain medication? I’ll get a nurse.” He went to get up and I grabbed his sleeve.

                “Kotetsu, calm down. I don’t need a nurse. Pain is only temporary.” I told him and he sat back down.

                He took my hand and covered his eyes with his free one.

                “Kotetsu,” I painfully sat up and wrapped my aching arms around him. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done what I did. There could have been an easier way than to endanger everyone and aim to kill Kakashi and myself at the same time. I knew what would happen. I still don’t understand how it didn’t.” I said and closed my eyes, breathing carefully.

                Kotetsu carefully placed his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder.

                “You’re my little sister. I’m supposed to protect you and I couldn’t do anything. I can’t lose you too.” He said miserably and I sighed.

                “You don’t Kotetsu. I’m fine now, all that is over.” I assured him and pulled back to look at him. I smiled and realized something that made my hear leap. “It really is over. I had more power than Kakashi if only for a minute and I won the first two fights. I can think now. I can fight again.” I told him cheerily.

                Izumo laughed and broke all seriousness in the room.

                “Leave it to you to make that the point.” He said and shook his head.