Page 26

“Thanks Naruto. Kakashi taught me that last part.” It was then that I noticed he wasn’t there. “Speaking of, where is Kakashi?” I asked them.

“He had to go to the bathroom.” Sakura said looking like she thought it was ridiculous. “He held it until that boy fell, then he ran off.” I nodded.

“Alright then,” I looked down at where Shikaku was waiting impatiently for me. “I’ll talk to you in a few then.” I told them before leaping back down into the arena. I walked to him and turned to face the crowed.

“Round two goes to Kitto Hagane!” The crowd cheered and I swayed slightly from exhaustion. I would be sleeping and drinking a lot of water before the next fight.

I was in my hospital bed telling Kotetsu I was fine in no time, while my hand and arm wounds were cleaned. The bandages from cho-ko no henkan had mended themselves so they had to be removed to an extent to even get to the wounds. So far, my left leg and right arm are the only two things that have been severely injured. Well, physically that is.

I curled up on my left side, closing my slightly aching eyes and let my breathing and heart rate slow. Within a few minutes I was deeply asleep.

“Kitto-san…Kitto-san, you have to get up.” I groaned and turned away from the person. “Kitto-san, really, you’ve got fifteen minutes until your next fight.” I let a breath out through my nose and forced my eyes open. I looked over my shoulder and Iruka, who smiled and I giggled.

“You’re like a puppy.” I announced and patted his head.

“What?” He exclaimed. “I am not!” Oh, sure he wasn’t. Not at all.

“Whatever you want to think Iruka.” I said and sat up. “Tomorrow I am going to sleep all day.” I decided aloud and rubbed my eyes.

“No one sleeps all day around here, trust me.” He told me, looking tired all of the sudden. “Well, I’ll leave you to yourself. Good luck with your last fight.” I smiled and nodded to him as he left.

Knowing I was going to pass right back out I got up and shook my head vigorously. I fixed my Kusagakure headband around my neck and worked the stiffness out of my right arm. It only ached slightly and whatever had been used on my left leg had worn off a little.

“Oh well, I can work through this. I made it through the last two didn’t I? Although, this one is going to be more difficult and it’s dark out. Maybe the dark isn’t so bad. I do work better when it’s dark.” I talked to myself and stretched, shaking my head, drinking water, and doing everything I could to get woken up.

I was pacing and flexing my fingers when Shikaku walked in.

“Time already?” I asked without stopping.