Page 9

“But…Lord Hokage she-.” Raido had begun, but was stopped.

                “Miss Hagane means no real harm. Let her up.” Lord Hokage repeated.

                I suppose you could say Lord Hokage and I have a bit of a past. I used to run off all the time and torture him, though half the time it was unintentional. I just ran here sometimes, usually when my parents or Kakashi made me mad. I would sit and grovel or cry and he would take me inside, make me tea, and have someone get my parents to pick me up.

                “Thank you.” I said, letting my hood fall as I stood and dusted myself off. “Nice seeing the two of you.” I said sarcastically to Genma and Raido before walking to the seat in front of the Hokage’s desk. The four boys left.

                “What brings you to Konoha Kitto?” Lord Hokage asked me once we were alone.

                “Ah, I was really hoping I could move here. If not I’m going to have to start all over again somewhere else. I’m not going back to Kusagakure, not ever.” I answered seriously and he nodded.

                “And you came here to tell me that.” He seemed to not believe that. I wasn’t surprised.

                “Not only that I suppose. I’ve not had much of a purpose for seeing the people I have today. It’s just that it’s been seventeen years since I’ve seen everyone aside from Kasai. I miss having real friends I guess.” I answered and shrugged. Talking about it made me feel bad. I was sad that so many years had been lost.

                “I thought so.” Lord Hokage said and nodded. “Well, if you’re going to live here you should have a Konoha headband. However, you’ll have to work for it.” He stated.

                “Work for it? What do you mean I’ll have to work for it? I earned this one didn’t it?” I exclaimed and drew attention to the Kusagakure headband. I wasn’t too fond of working for the damn thing yet again.

                Lord Hokage chuckled. “You earned that headband under the standards of Kusagakure, not Konoha. If you plan to live here and remain a ninja I suggest you not complain about working for it.” He told me.

                I eased back in my chair and thought about what he was saying. “So, you’re telling me I have to prove general skills and fight other Konoha ninja in order to obtain the right to be a ninja here.” I said in a calm attempt to get a better understanding of the situation.

                “Yes.” He confirmed.

                I nodded and leaned forward folding my arms over the desk littered with papers. “So who do I get to fight? It’s been long enough since I’ve had a worthy opponent to go against.” I said, beginning to get more and more hopeful about the fights.