Page 16

“Alright, alright, everyone calm down!” Shikaku said over the crowd. The sound only quieted slightly. “The meaning of this competition is to see if Kitto Hagane, a Jonin, ANBU, and entertainer trained in Kusagakure is up to Konoha standards.” Really? He had to go there? Entertainer? Everyone knows what that means and if they didn’t, my suddenly deflated posture should have given it away.

“The three shinobi Kitto will fight have been carefully selected according to her personal relationships with the people here. I think it’s safe to say this won’t be easy for her…for any of us. I’m sure you’ve all hear of what Kitto is capable of. Some of you have witnessed it. The stakes to these three fights are very high and I want it to be known that any of these three worthy shinobi could be killed.” The crowd fell silent and Lord Hokage shifted in his seat.

“Good, you all understand. Now,” My heart fluttered like a caged bird in my throat.

Bring it on!

“Match one, Kitto Hagane verses Kasai Yamanaka!” I shot Shikaku a weary look as my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach.

Great! Any last minute advice stupid ancestors?

They both gave me the exact same advice.

Kasai walked out from the other side of the arena and we faced each other.

“I’m not letting you win this time.” She told me with a hard glare set in her eyes.

“You know, Kasai,” My blood boiled. “Out of the two of us I didn’t expect it would be me who was the civil one.” I growled, clenching my fists. “My reputation rests on this fight and there is no way on this earth, in heaven or hell that I’m letting you beat me.” Kasai didn’t say a word and with the silence Shikaku figured we weren’t going to be talking anymore.

“Begin!”

I viciously flung my hand at my former best friend, pillars of stone sprouting from the ground and would have killed her easily had she not been so quick to jump out of the way. She shot two kunai at me and I raised an earth wall, proving them no match. I spin around in time I catch two shadow clones inches from bashing my face in. I nearly dodged them and avoided making a huge mistake.

If I use Cho-no Henkan and my opponent sees the source of the blades they work to destroy my wrappings. If that happens I’m done for.

I evaded Kasai and her clones, kicking only when necessary as I pulled the pins out and stuck them in my hood. I shook out my sleeves and then the real fight began.

“Ni.” I said mid-flip and stuck out to fingers on both hands. The metallic liquid formed from the inscriptions and slithered up my hand and over my fingers. Three inch metallic claws formed on each hand I stabbed both clones in the chest, easily going straight through as I kicked Kasai high into the air.