Chapter Eight

I woke up a few hours ago and just laid around doing nothing. I've luckily barely had any interaction with my older brother and hope to keep it that way.

Landen and Hannah are going be here in a couple of hours and I haven't done a thing. I should get my camera lenses together and get dressed.

I walk over to my bag which is lying on the floor, it's split open and clothes are hanging out of it. I rummage through it and decide to wear my gray turtle neck.

I open my door and head to the kitchen. Inside the fridge sits a lonely pizza box, only a couple cold pieces inside. I grab one out and take a napkin from the counter, going back to my room.

The cold pizza taste wonderful and I consider going back for another. My phone starts buzzing and I jump a little, the sudden spazzing scaring me.

"Hello?" I answer, already knowing it's Hannah.

"Hi! We're almost there, are you ready?" She asks.

"Of course I am. The important question is, are you?"

"I've been ready since a month after we started dating!" I can hear the smile and sincerity in her voice.

"I'm excited to see your dress in person. Who's all coming today?" I ask.

"My mom and then Landen's mom and sister. Anyway we're coming down your street so come outside!"

We say goodbye and I walk outside and see them pulling into the driveway.

Hannah is sat in the front, she's all dolled up and I'm excited to see how the video will turn out. Landen is driving and I can see a little girl sitting in between the front seats in the back. That's Landen's sister.

A small black car pulls over on the side of the road by the mailbox and I assume each of their mothers are inside that car. The windows are darkly tinted and the shiny black exterior of the car is breathtaking.

I haul my bag over my shoulder and pull open the door to Landen's car.

"You guys ready?" I ask as I climb inside. A smile falls onto Hannah's lips and Landen reaches over and squeezes her hand, then bringing it up to his lips and kissing her fingers softly.

"Definitely." Landen smiles and backs out of the driveway.

The drive is nice and calm, all of us catching up with each other even though I didn't leave too long ago.

The young girl in the back next to me, Landen's sister, is named Jade. She's very sweet and is in the seventh grade, she proudly told me that. She seems to be very excited about growing up.

I almost tell her it's not as cool as it seems but I keep my mouth shut not wanting to crush her dreams.

It's not bad growing up, it's just not as simple.

We make it to our destination and pull over. I get out of the car, along with everyone else and take my bag out. The black car pulls up a few minutes later and their mothers hop out.

"Miss Addy, lovely to see you." Landen's mother, Amy comments.

"Lovely to see you as well." I smile.

Landen helps Hannah walk around without dragging her dress too much and I let them know we'll be starting soon once I find the right lens.

We film for quite a few hours and I get home as the sky is starting to darken.

I climb into bed after washing my face, dreaming of a love that's all my own. A unique love just for me and the man I cannot wait to meet.

..