Chapter Twenty

There's a knock on our door and Liz and I stand from the couch and walk towards it. I pull open the door and find Harry standing behind it, his posture straitening as we make eye contact.

"Uh hi." He says awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

He's wearing a black and white striped shirt, black jeans that hug his legs and black worn out boots. I stare at him for a while, probably making him feel even more uncomfortable than he already feels. I'm not sure why the tension is so thick, maybe because Liz is here and we have to act a certain way, so the stupid secret doesn't get out.

"Hi." I breathe.

"Uh, lets go." Liz says pushing past the both of us and walking down the hall.

"You look sexy." He whispers to me as we walk down the hall, following Liz. His hand runs over my back, tracing the fabric of my velvet black tank top and I sink back into his touch, longing for more.

"I see you didn't take out your hair." I smirk. His braids are still woven through his curls and the little bun in the back is messy but neat, making him somehow look flawless. His hair style doesn't necessarily make him look bad ass but he still has an edge. Won't people wonder who did it? Surely he can't braid like that on his own.

"Um, yea. I was too lazy to wash my hair." He lifts his hand off my back and rubs it on his hip, probably wiping away the awkward sweat that's clamming up his hands.

We make it to the doors and my hair flows back in the sudden gust of hair. It falls and lays down my back, straightened but slightly tangling from the small wind. The jeans I picked out are ripped and tight against my legs and I smile to myself once I realize I got what I wanted, I took his breathe away.

We walk side by side and I notice everyone piled into the back, leaving the front seats open. Why?

We walk to the passenger door and he reaches for the handle to open my door.

"Harry, don't." I cough.

"Shit. Thanks babe." He mumbles and runs to the other side.

That was close. And awkward. Way fucking awkward and why'd he call me babe? He's never been one to open doors for anyone before, so why now? I slip into the passenger seat, Harry slipping into the drivers. I turn around and Liz, Ty and Niall sitting in the back seat.

"Why'd you guys all sit in the back?" I ask.

"We were trying to be gentleman Addy." Niall says, sarcastically rolling his eyes.

"Oh, my bad." I mock his tone and laugh.

"Play some tunes." Ty beckons from the back.

I grab the aux cord and plug my phone in. I pick some songs I know they'll enjoy because Liz likes them and I've heard them talk about these bands before. I click shuffle and let the songs play.

We drive to the frat house, music echoing through the cars speakers and a LANY song comes on and my first instinct is to sing along. But I'm not alone and it's not just Harry and I.

"Change this sissy shit." Niall laughs from behind me.

I change the song knowing he's serious and shift uncomfortably in my seat. Harry grips the steering wheel tighter. Does he not share the fact he enjoys LANY with them? I'm somewhat offended by Niall's comment but I refuse to confront him knowing his birthday is coming up and I don't want to be a bitch.

We pull up to the large frat house and pile out of the car, stalking up the yard. When we step inside everyone screams. Streamers are thrown everywhere, confetti is spewed all over the floor and floating in the air, a couple balloons are floating in the corner and I can't help but laugh.