Chapter Twenty Two

"I don't think I'm drunk anymore." Harry laughs as he watches me get dressed.

I pull my pants up over my legs and shimmy into them and he lightly chuckles at my weird little move. The bathroom is nothing but quiet now as I zip my pants up. Harry stares down at the floor and refuses to make eye contact with me. He hops off the covered toilet seat and walks past me towards the door, unlocking it but waiting to push it open.

"You first." He awkwardly smiles, and gestures for me to make my way out of the bathroom. I step into the hall and Harry stays standing in the bathrooms door frame.

"Aren't you coming?" I ask.

"I'll wait. We don't need anyone else finding out about this." He huffs and shuts the door, hiding himself inside.

Okay then. I bite the inside of my cheek, trying to compose myself, not wanting to get emotional. My feet carry me down the stairs and I head to the kitchen. Red cups are stacked and lined out but I know if I drink anything else tonight it's just going to come back up. I sit down on a bar stool and pull my phone out of my pocket, somehow it hasn't fallen out and I'm not sure how.

The screen lights up and I have a few notifications. I unlock the it and click into the Instagram app, Hannah tagged me in something she posted. I smile to myself, seeing she posted a cut version of the video I filmed for her and Landen, the full version linked in her bio. A red circle appears over the Snapchat icon and I've got a Snapchat from my mom, Luke and a couple from a friend back at home. I tap through them, raising the volume to my ear to listen.

My phone warns me soon enough that it's going to die within minutes and I tuck it back into my pocket. Going back to the dorms sounds like a wonderful idea, I don't want to be here anymore. I slide off the stool and walk around the crowded house searching for Liz.

I can't find her in the house so I head outside and quickly grip my own arms, rubbing up and down trying to keep warm. It's not freezing but the air isn't exactly warm. I notice Liz sitting on a rock with Tarrah and a couple other girls standing in front of them. Liz notices me walking over to her and waves, she reaches her hand out towards me and I take it and she pulls me to her side, not moving from the rock. The girls standing in front of us look at me and I smile at them and they return a fake one.

"Would you play truth or dare?" Liz slurs, obviously drunk out of her mind. I don't think truth or dare sounds like a good idea but I'm sure they'll play it without my consent anyway so I just nod yes and she claps her hand against her wrist, the liquid inside her cup sloshing around threatening to spill from the rim.

"We'll go find some guys then." One of the fake girls say. The two of them walk away and walk as if they're hot shit even though they look like they've got boring as hell personalities and seem super slutty.

"Where did you go during the game earlier?" Liz asks me, furrowing her eyebrows together but staring down at her drink and not me.

"Just to the bathroom. I had to pee." I shrug and she just nods. I notice Tarrah looking around, her eyes shifting from person to person, not bothering to engage in a conversation with us.

"What's up with Tarrah?" I ask, loud enough for just Liz to hear. But of course, Liz is incapable of keeping quiet and practically shouts her response.

"Tarrah's in looovvveee!"

"What? No I'm not!" She shushes Liz.

"Yes she is." Liz smiles goofily.

"Ohh, with who?" I ask, unable to refrain from questioning her and teasing.

"No one." Tarrah blushes.