Chapter Nine

I pull into the parking lot of the dorms and pray that no one is inside mine right now. I really am not in the mood to talk and my eyes are swollen from crying the entire way here.

My heart is absolutely shattered from the previous events and I need time to myself to put the pieces back together.

I step up to the door and find it unlocked and I know I won't be alone when I go inside.

A body is sat on the couch, their back facing me. Dark curls hang above their shoulders and I immediately know who it is.

Harry.

He turns around, eyes quickly locking with my own. I am really in no mood to deal with anyone tonight, especially him.

I quickly walk towards my room and reach for the knob, almost getting by with out being questioned.

"Why are you back already?" He asks, annoyance evident his voice as if he doesn't want me to be here.

This isn't even his dorm, why is he here.

"I'm not in the mood, try not to be such a jerk. Save it for another day." I mumble and slam my door shut, twisting the lock.

I stand with my back against the door, tears pricking at my eyes. I really cannot do this anymore.

Why do these things always happen and why do I always have to be so damn emotional. I hear faint voices outside my door and try to listen, knowing they're talking about me.

"Who was that?" I hear Tarrah ask. Good thing I got in here fast or I would have had to deal with them and their questions.

"No one. Someone just stumbled in by accident." Harry's voice smoothly falling from his lips. Why is he lying for me when he seemed annoyed about me being home already?

"Okay well are you guys ready to go?" Liz asks.

"Yea let's get out of here." His accent sends shivers down my spine and his plea to leave makes me feel, sad?

I hear Liz mumble something and then the girls both laugh and the door shuts. I walk over to my bed and lay down. I'll be over this in a couple days, but for now, I'm going to cry myself to sleep

..

It's Friday. Freshman Orientation is today.

I came back to the dorms on Wednesday and I've been cooped up in my room ever since. Liz hasn't really bothered me, she didn't come home Wednesday night anyway. I have no clue if anyone has stopped by either, like I said I've been cooped up in my room.

Random songs play from my phone as I get ready.

"Look who finally rose from the dead." Liz smiles at me as I walk out of my room. She's sitting on the couch, a bowl of cereal in her hand.

"Haha very funny." I smile and shake my head.

"Rough few days at home I take it? Your brother?"

"Yep." I sigh.

"He's a piece of shit. I should beat him up for you." She huffs.

I laugh at the idea. It would be funny to see her little body attacking my giant brother.

"He is. But what can ya do?" I plop down next to her on the couch and she offers me a spoon full of her cereal but I decline. "I actually have to talk to you about orientation. What's it like? I'm nervous."

"They honestly just tell you about clubs and classes and then you go find them, like where they're at and stuff. It's actually really boring. The only reason I would recommend going is to find out where all your classes are." She tells me.