Chapter Twenty Six

Lunch was quick, we both ate whatever we could find and that ended up being chips and lunch meat. We talked about our next assignment and decided when would be a good time to do it. I also decided that I'm craving sour patch kids. So Harry offered to take me to the store.

"Thanks for helping me fulfill my sudden craving." I smile and poke his arm as we pull onto the main road.

"The least I can do, baby." He glances over at me and then down to my lap where my hands lay.

His arm is rested on the middle console and I reach over and grip my hand in his, looking out the window not daring to make eye contact. He intertwines his fingers with mine and rubs small circles on my hand with his thumb, soothing my nerves.

The drive to the store is about fifteen minutes and we both climb out quickly once we arrive. I excitedly skip into the store like a child and Harry laughs at me, dimples indenting into his cheeks as he jogs to catch up with me.

I walk ahead of him down the isles of the grocery store and finally come to a halt when I find what I've been looking for.

"Found them!" I squeal, gripping the large bag of sour patch kids and taking them into my arms.

I hear a chuckle and turn around to find it coming from Harry, laughing at my enthusiasm over the sour treats. He swiftly turns on his heel, heading towards the check out lanes.

We walk next to each other and the smile on my face never falls, a small smile of his own playing at his lips. He guides us to the self check-out station and I scan the bag, tossing it into a plastic grocery sack and clicking a button to pay. Harry lightly shoves me away, my body stumbling back as he slides his card.

"Harry I wanted to pay myself. You drove here, it's only fair." I whine as he takes the recent and crinkles it into a ball with his fist. He tosses it in the trash can when we walk through the automatic doors and finally turns to me to reply.

"Nothing's ever fair anyway, sweetheart." My heart flutters at the pet name and I'm surprised I like it, honestly.

I've never been a fan of those sickly sweet names before, not until it came from him at least. I've always been hesitant with them, I always loved being called babe or baby, but never anything more. Not until now.

I set the bag in the back seat and we each climb inside the car. Harry checks his phone, typing a quick message and then setting it between his legs.

Is he talking to another girl?

God, I hope not.

Wow, I need to calm down. I'm like a psychotic girlfriend, but I'm not even his girlfriend.

"When does your next class start?" He asks, shifting his body in his seat to face me.

"Four. What time is it now?" He glances down at his phone and taps the home button, looking back at me with an apologetic face.

"Ten minutes to four." He says shrugging his shoulders.

"Fuck. Hurry we have to go my bag is still at my dorm!" I frantically state. He nods and begins to drive out of the parking lot.

As we pull onto the road his hand snakes across the middle console and rests on my upper thigh. He teasingly rubs the exposed skin of my leg and slowly inches higher, taking the fabric of my dress up with his hand. I clench my legs together, it's obvious what he's about to do.