Chapter 7: Fatherly Feelings

Cas' POV

That night was one of the worst nights of my life, waiting for Dean to wake up. 

After driving to their house Sam got out the first aid kit and started to patch himself up. I tutted and grabbed the materials out of his hands.

"Come on, Sam. I'll patch you up and then I'll go buy you guys some food, sound good?" He gave me a weird look and slowly nodded. As I patched him up I used some of my angelic ability, since meeting Dean I had been using it less and less. But this was desperate.

I tuned into Sams thoughts and tried to decipher the thoughts behind that face.

*Sams Thoughts*

Why is he helping us? He probably wants something in return, but what could we possibly have that he wants? 

Did you ever think he's just nice? 

No, never. Dad always said that everyone wants something, so what does this guy want?

Yeah, well, Dad always said Dean couldn't do anything properly and look how you turned out. He did alright there.

True, but why did he offer food? We have plenty of food...

*Thoughts over*

I blink at his thoughts. Their dad told him Dean couldn't do anything properly? My chest aches at the thought of my best friends upbringing. But then something else snags my attention, Sam thought they had plenty of food, which means Dean doesn't tell him. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, trying not to let my emotions show.

"Hey, are you alright? You look awfully sad..." Sams small voice breaks through my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm alright Sam. How are you holding up?" He looks a bit dazed.

"Sore, how did Dean take all that without hardly making a sound?" Sam looks upset and almost like he knows the answer.

"I don't know, Sam. When I'm done with you I'll go grab some food and call my dad. Can you patch Dean up while I'm gone?" He nods slowly and I finish cleaning his face and hand him an ice pack. His lip trembles and I sigh, leaning in I wrap my arms around his shaking frame and let him cry into my shoulder.

"M-my whole b-body hurts Cas! H-how do I-I make it s-stop!" I hug him tighter and tell him to stay put while I sort it out. I wander out of the room and pull my phone out of my pocket. While I call my dad I observe their motel. 

It was dirty and smelt, but in here had a homey feel. It reminded me of Dean. 

"Castiel, how are you?" My dads voice answers.

"I'm good, can I ask a favour?" I ask, my voice wavering.

"Sure Cas, what do you need?" He replies, his voice tense with concern.

"Can you bring some pain medication and lots of food to the Red Motel down the road? Room 221B?" Maybe my dad could help the brothers.

"Of course, but why?" My dad sounds hesitant.

"I'll explain later dad, can you please hurry?"

"Okay Cas, I"ll be there in five"

The line beeps as my dad hangs up and I lean against the wall, letting my emotions show for just a minute. I slide down to the floor and press the palm of my hands into my eyes, remembering when Dean did the same thing after work. He kept all his secrets so close to his chest and was so selfless that you couldn't imagine anyone hurting him.