Chapter 9: Boyfriends and Bullies

Cas' POV

"Why are you holding a gun to Cas' head?" I freeze at his words and my eyes widen, they couldn't be, could they? Hunters? My heart thumps wildly in my chest and I try to control my erratic breathing. I'm technically not a supernatural being, just descended from one, but hunters usually shoot first and then ask questions.

"Because he's supernatural, he just went into your head and I couldn't get either of out of it." Sam's shaky voice pipes up from behind me and I watch Dean's face go pale again. I feel the cool metal of a gun being pressed into my skull and I hear Sam begin to talk.

"First off, sit down." I follow his instructions with shaky movements and the brothers stand in front of me. Sam with a hard expression and a gun held steadily, Dean with a gaping mouth and a pale face.

"Okay, Castiel. What are you? Why are you here? What did you just do to Dean?" Sam asks in a hard voice, his stance betraying no emotion. My heart thumps wildly and I swallow nervously.

"I-I'm a descendant of angels, my whole family is." Sam cocks an eyebrow but doesn't interrupt.

"I'm here because we moved here, I have no ulterior motive. I was born just like you and raised just like a normal person, I pretty much am a human. The only difference is I have the ability to see souls and read minds, but only when I concentrate really hard." Sam blinks slowly and begins to lower the gun, but Dean is still pale although he's warily watching me.

"What I just did with Dean was an accident. As a friend, I put my hand on his shoulder because he was distressed, but his emotions were too strong and they dragged me in. I experienced the memory he was reliving." At this Dean begins mumbling and running his hands through his hair.

"No, no, no. You couldn't have seen that you weren't meant to see that. Goddammit Cas, please tell me you didn't see what I saw." He turns to me and stares at me pleadingly.

"I'll never lie to you, Dean." At this, he covers his eyes and turns away, Sam frowns and touches Dean's shoulder lightly.

"De? What did you see?" His voice is calm and non-threatening, and I realise just how close the brothers are. Deans slumped shoulders make my heart ache and I find myself walking towards him without thinking about it. He turns to looks at me with a heartbroken expression, his green eyes shining with tears he was holding back. I can't take seeing him like this anymore, I grab his shoulder tightly and pull his chin upwards so he was looking me in the eye.

"I. Don't. Care. What. You. Did. Dean" I say, barely managing to control my anger at his horrible situation. He looks up and my heart shatters as he begins to put his mask back together before facing his brother, he allows me to see how broken he feels.

And I can't take it.

I grab both sides of his face and crash my lips into his. For a second he doesn't do anything, then his arms are wrapping around me and his kissing back with a passion. It feels like fireworks and dizziness, it feels like nerves and fire. It feels perfectly right. My heart thumps and my stomach tightens, I move my hands to the back of his head and curl them through his hair. He rubs a thumb along the line of skin between my shirt and jeans and goosebumps follow his every touch.

We break apart breathing heavily and he leans his forehead on mine, staring straight into my eyes.

"Wow." He breaths, he chuckles a little and licks his lips. His hair is slightly messy, his eyes are bright and his cheeks are flushed.

"Wow indeed, Winchester. Wow indeed." He laughs at this and we pull away from each other reluctantly.

Dean's POV