Chapter 10: We Have Eachother

Cas' POV

I storm over to the willow and kick the base of the tree in anger, screaming between my teeth as I drop down. I bury my face in my hands and muffle my screams of pain and anger until a gentle hand grips my shoulder.

I turn around and find Dean there will a sad look on his face and affection in his eyes. I sigh and run a hand through my hair, effectively making it stand on end.

"Is this what it's gonna be like until they find someone else?" I whisper to Dean and he nods. I purse my lips and look skywards, trying to prevent the tears that I knew would come eventually. I feel Dean's hands on the sides of my face and I tilt my head back down to be swept away by his forest green eyes. He leans in and kisses me softly, wrapping an arm around my waist and one through my hair.

He pulls me closer and I deepen the kiss, loving the feeling that it bought. He pulls back and rests his forehead against mine.

"We'll get through it Cas. We just have to be strong, can you do that for the next few classes?" He asks softly. The next classes we were separated and I felt dread seep into my bones at the thought. I hug Dean closely and murmur to him.

"At lunch, we're meeting here and having a serious talk about everything the bullies said and all the bad stuff that happened in our lives. Got it?" If we were going to stay together through this we need to know everything. Dean reluctantly nods and then grins at me, which causes me to frown.

"I have a very serious question for you Cas." He says, his tone joyful. My lips curl into a smile and I reply.

"What would that question be Dean?" He grins at me and holds my hands in his.

"Will you do me the honour of being my boyfriend?" I squeal (a very, manly squeal) and jump into his arms.

"Yes, yes, yes! A thousand times yes!" I giggle uncontrollably and feel butterflies soar in my stomach. The willows swaying leaves seemed to swish in time with my erratic heartbeats andI feel pure joy. Dean just laughs and kisses the tip of my nose before we head off to our separate classes.

He waves goodbye to me and wanders off to engineering while I collect my things for advanced biology. I was stuck with Azazel, who I swear only had this class to learn where to hit to cause more pain. I sit right at the back but unfortunately Azazel walks in and smirks at me as he strides over to my desk.

I glare at him and he plonks down next to me, sighing dramatically as he spreads out his books.

"Ahhh, Castiel. The little angel, so sweet, so pure, how's the anxiety? Is it kicking in yet? Can you feel it crawl up your throat?" I shift uncomfortably in my seat but shoot him a look of boredom in the hopes he didn't realise that my anxiety was kicking in.

"You can can't you? Pity you don't have the high to turn to now, imagine how disappointed daddy would be if that happened. We're gonna make your life hell, kid. Just you wait." I look away and swallow my reply, knowing that this was all to get a rise out of me.

Throughout the whole class and the next one, the football team whispers insulting things when the teachers aren't there. As the day progresses my anxiety worsens and then morphs itself into rolling anger at the football team. Just yesterday morning we were their friends, and now they were trying to ruin our lives.

The words get worse as the day goes on and by the time lunch comes around I'm desperate for Dean, desperate to get away from these jerks. The bell clangs across the school and I bolt before another word can escape the jocks mouths, I throw my books in my locker and hurriedly pull my unusually large lunch out of my bag. I slam my locker shut and sprint for the willow, trying to frantically swallow my tears.