Chapter 17: Support

Cas' POV

I didn't understand why he was crying, but one glimpse at his soul and I knew he needed me. I wrap my arms around his waist and watch as his soul calms and becomes peaceful. I nuzzle into his neck slightly and grin when he leans back into me, his breathing become steady.

I grab his waist and spin him around so we were next to each other, supporting each other. He was physically holding me up and I was keeping him emotionally stable, we were perfect for each other. We walk over to the bed where Sam was curled up and Dean gently lifts me up before placing me on the bed, when his hands brush against my ribs I groan in pain and he stops.

He cups my face and smiles slightly, the movement pulling at the wounds on his lips. He gently kisses my forehead and pushes me down so I'm next to Sam.

"Rest, Cas. You need to heal." He whispers before he begins running his hands through my hair. I look up at him sleepily and see how the white light in the room illuminates his eyes, making the green appear fluorescent. My eyes flutter closed and I smile at the feeling of comfort he brings whenever he's near me.

"You have the brightest soul I've ever seen, Dean Winchester." He chuckles lightly and continues to stroke my hair as I fall asleep, letting the darkness take away the pain coming from every part of my body.

I dream of Dean, his candy apple eyes, the scattered freckles across his face, his wide smile and his bright soul.

I dream of peace and love.

I dream of Dean Winchester that night, and everything feels perfect.

Dean's POV

I smile at his words.

"You have the brightest soul I've ever seen, Dean Winchester." I have no idea what that's supposed to mean, but he's an angel, so I'll let it slide. I look down at the two people I care about most in my life, Cas and Sammy.

Sammy.

The kid deserved so much more than life had thrown at him, but I could give that to him now. I watch as he huffs in his sleep, his shaggy brown hair flopping over his eyes. He smiles in his sleep and I watch him sleep peacefully, pride filling my chest.

Then I look at Cas. His black hair sticking up everywhere and his lips pulled into a smile. Even after what he just went through at school and all the pain he must be in, he was having a good dream. He sighs my name and I blush, affection warming my heart.

Ignoring the pain in my lips I lean down and kiss him softly, smiling warmly down at the most important things in my life.

I take a step back and wince as my back shifts under the hospital clothes. I stop moving, letting my body adjust to the pain radiating from it when I feel a warm hand on my shoulder. I look up and see Chuck smiling softly down at me. He pulls me in for a gentle hug and then hands me a steaming cup of coffee.

"Castiel tells me that you like straight black with two sugars?" I blush and he grins.

"How's he holding up?" I ask softly, my voice hoarse.

"Not perfect, but he's doing okay. He's calmer when you're around, at home he was a nervous wreck. What about you? and don't give me that crap about how you're fine, Castiel told me you're not good with admitting you need help." I smile at how much Cas has told his dad and then my smile drops.

"I-I'm not really okay at all," I admit quietly. Chuck just wraps an arm around my shoulders and leads me to the comfy chair in the corner, he sits me down before grabbing the plastic chair from beside the bed and sitting in front of me.