Chapter 19: Home, sweet home

Deans POV

Fumbling slightly and my breath hitching, I open the letter slowly, noticing Cas doing the same thing next to me. I gently pull out the paper and close my eyes when I see the one number that decides everything. I open my eyes and see Cas grinning at me, I grin back.

"WE PASSED, WOO HOO!" we both yell, dancing around each other and hugging excitedly. Sammy walks in with a surprised expression on his face, one that causes me to laugh all over again. He sighs and rips the paper from our hands, looking at the grades. His eyes sparkle and I smile fondly, anything that made him that happy, made me happy too.

"Cas got 95.4 and Dean got 88.9, oh my god you guys that's incredible!" He hugs us both, making us all sink into the couch slightly. I grin over his shoulder and survey the lounge room with happiness. It was small but it was homey, clean, neat and perfect for us, the apartment was the best decision I've ever made, except maybe Cas.

Sammy sits back and shoots me a grin, pride clear on his face. He leaves the room and I turn to Cas, smiling at the twinkle in his blue eyes. I stare at him for a minute before he grumbles and kisses me, making my body feel electrified, even after the past six months together I still felt this way when kissing him.

"I'm so proud of you, Dean. You did it! And your score is incredible, you could do anything!" He laughs and pulls me up for another round of dancing, in which we manage to knock over the T.V stand. I hear a knock on the door and walk over to it, elation filling my chest.

I open the door and see Charlie, Jo, Ash, and Kevin grinning at my door. I invite them in and we sprawl across the lounge room, Cas sitting on my lap. I idly play with his hair as we talk about our after school plans.

"I'm going straight to uni for a gaming course, I get to design computer games biyatches, beat that!" Charlie shouts, a smile splitting her face.

"I'm staying with mum for a bit before going to the navy and becoming a seal." Silence falls and Jo grins.

"I'm working on an apprenticeship for NASA if that makes anyone feel better." Ash says from the floor.

"I'm going to become a surgeon, that's what I've always wanted to be," Cas says with a smile, I hug him tighter and smile when he kisses my nose.

"I'm going into politics and on my way to becoming President," Kevin says while stuffing his face with Cheetos. I blush slightly and nuzzle into Cas' shoulder, everyone was doing such amazing things and then there's me.

"I'm just getting a degree in engineering," I mumble and Cas rests his head on my shoulder. We talk about the things we will and won't miss from school and soon the clock strikes five, which causes Jo to jump up.

"Crap, I've got a shift in fifteen. Bye guys, see ya later." We wave her out the door and soon everyone leaves, I hug Cas tightly and then walk into the kitchen, pulling out random ingredients from the shelves.

"I'm feeling creative tonight, what's the challenge, Cas." Cas grins at the game we started playing a while back. He would give me a list of ingredients and I had to make dinner out of them, it kept things interesting and Sammy loved to watch us bicker in the kitchen.

"Hmmm, chicken, lemon, potato and mushroom." He grins and I begin preparing dinner. Sammy walks in and smiles at us.

"What's for dinner, Dean?" They both turn to me expectantly and I smile, blinking back tears all of a sudden. This was nice, this was what I wanted, an apple pie life, with the people I loved talking to me, having an actual kitchen. I grin at the realisation that I had that now.

"Gentlemen, on the menu tonight is a lemon and cracked pepper chicken, with potato, mushroom, and roasted garlic mashed potato." They stare at me stunned and Cas just shakes his head and claps slowly. Sammy asks questions throughout dinner and I explain how to cook everything, another frequent of ours. Now that we had the ingredients, I could show Sammy how to cook properly.