Chapter 15: Hospitals

A/N: Sorry again, also trigger moments in here so be careful

Cas' POV

The door to the locker room came down with a crash and I only had to second to understand this before my dad was kneeling in front of me and touching my face. The pain echoing throughout my body made the world appear slow and dull.

"Oh, Cas. We need a medic ASAP! What hurts, why were you screaming? Was it these kids?" He frantically asks and I nod, watching his face contort in anger and he talks to the police standing at the door. I watch the medics run in and I whimper when they move me to put me on a stretcher.

"Alright sweetie, we only have one team so we're gonna get you ready in the stretcher and then we're gonna bring your boyfriend in next to you, okay? He seems to be physically stable so we'll take care of him later." I nod in a daze and accept the painkillers. My head whips up when Sam bursts through the door.

"Where's my brother?" He asks, his young voice loud enough to make everyone freeze and watch the encounter between Sam and Dean. Sam looks around the room and sees Dean still against the lockers with his hand's tied and his whole body shaking. Dean stares directly ahead, tears still streaming down his face as Sam slowly approaches.

"What happened to him?" He asks, his voice shaking at the sight of Dean like that. The medics rush over to stand next to Sam and apologize for not realizing how upset he was. Sam just glares at them and tip toes over to Dean, calling to him softly. Sam reaches about a meter away when Dean whimpers and tries to move away, only for his bindings to get stuck. Sam freezes and turns to look at the medics slowly, a look of fear on his face.

"Fix. Him." He demands and that just makes Dean cry harder, his eyes now screwed shut and my heart shatters at the sight. What did they say to upset him this much? I try to reach for Dean to comfort him but instead I find my dad's hand, squeezing it tightly as I watch the medics approach, Dean. My dad squeezes back and the painkillers I was given begin to work themselves through my system, turning my thoughts foggy but thankfully removing the pain. 

I see the medics approach Dean and touch his shoulder, he flinches so violently that he jumps backward into the lockers. The medics mutter soothing words and I see Dean's eyes stare at them fearfully, his bare chest gleaming with sweat and heaving. His eyes are still dull and hollow and I wonder again what the demons said to him to make him so...un-Dean like. The medics continue to mutter and my world starts to dissolve as the painkillers start to knock me out.

Dean nods shakily and they release his wrists gasping when he reveals them to be red raw and bleeding, I want to worry about him but I'm too tired now. The medics approach with a blanket and wrap it around his shoulders, the help him up but his legs collapse and he closes his eyes.

The last thing I see is my dad leaving my side and picking Dean up.

The last thing I feel is the steady pulse of pain from my body.

*         *         *          *

Hospitals smell.

That's my first thought when I wake up, that hospitals smell like disinfectant and misery. My next thought is ouch, ouch everwhere. I groggily open my eyes, wincing as the light stabs my eyes. I hear a chair scrape across the floor and then someone's hand is in mine and their fingers are lightly brushing my forehead.

"Hey Castiel, how are you feeling?" My dad asks. I groan in response and he chuckles.

"Good evening Mr. Novak, my name is Meg Masters and I'm your nurse. Can you open your eyes for me?" I take a shaky breath and open my eyes slowly to the blinding light.