Chapter 13: Date Night

Cas' POV

I walk up behind Dean and hug him softly, he turns around and smiles when I kiss him. He leans back onto the trunk of the willow and I pull back from the kiss, resting my forehead on his.

"Go on a date with me. A real, proper date." I blurt out spontaneously, caught up in the feel of the moment. He grins at me and nods, his cheeks tingeing themselves red.

"Tonight, pick me up at six and you can drive us to your surprise date." He just laughs and pokes my nose.

"I have to drive to my date, wow, classy Cas." I roll my eyes and kiss him gently again, savoring the feel of fireworks before we have to leave. My mind begins to tick off date ideas until I come up with the perfect one, I grin and we leave the school.

Deans POV

I can't wipe this cheesy grin off my face.

The second Cas asked me on a date, my stomach soared and I actually felt my knees go weak, I'm having trouble concentrating on anything right now. I pack up my homework with a groan, deciding that a combination of a Friday night and a date was a perfect excuse to ditch the brain boredom.

I look at the star-shaped clock on the wall and sigh when I see the hands pointing to 4:28. I still had an hour and thirty-two minutes until I had to be at Cas' house. I stumble off the kitchen chair and wander around the motel room, humming to myself as I tidied up the rooms.

I start in the kitchen, scrubbing all the dishes and all the surfaces, humming songs from Metallica's albums. By the time the kitchen is sparkling clean I'm singing quietly along to the songs.

I move into the lounge room and scrub the floor from last night, I also wipe the surfaces down and walk over to my room. As I pick up all the stuff on my floor I start singing loudly, dancing to myself as I tidy up my desk, I dance over to my wardrobe and begin sorting my clothes, making sure everything is perfect.

I hear a chiming noise from behind me and stop my mini concert to face Sammy, holding his phone and grinning.

"What did you do, Sammy?" I ask cautiously. He just throws his phone at me with a smirk. I look at the screen and blush profusely, it was a video of me dancing as I sang 'Enter Sandman'.

"Look who I sent it to." My heart drops and I look at his texts, groaning when I see Cas' name as the contact. I scroll down and see his text back.

HE CAN SING TOO?!?! GODDAMMIT SAM!!

Then another one follows.

Actually, this is really good ammo.

I groan again and toss him his phone, lightly hitting his head as I walk back to the kitchen. I look at the clock and gag, 5:57?!? I race back to my room and put on some clean clothes, a non-worn pair of pants and a deep red flannel. I run out to the car, yelling at Sammy to stay safe and speed down the road.

I pull into Cas' driveway to see him wearing his favourite black pants and tan trench coat. He grins when I pull in and then races into the car, instantly weaving his hand into mine.

"I can't believe your late, Winchester. Now drive me to the woods, ten minutes east." I roll my eyes and mutter under my breath about impatient boyfriends, causing Cas to grin again.

I drive towards the woods and park just outside them, climbing out of the Impala with Cas. Cas walks over and puts a blindfold on my eyes, effectively shutting out the pale light from the setting sun.

"Quit whining Dean, it's only for a minute." I huff and reluctantly let him lead me into the forest, my hands shaking and my stomach doing flips on itself. We walk for about two minutes before he pulls me to a stop, letting the blindfold fall.

My breath leaves my body as I survey the area. It was a small clearing with fairy lights strung up in the trees, and right in the middle was a large mattress covered in blankets and pillows. I cover my mouth with a hand to cover my huge smile. I walk over to the matress and see a radio next to a large basket filled with food.

"Well, Dean, let's have dinner shall we?" I nod slowly and we both snuggle into the mattress, turning the radio onto an old station. We eat dinner and laugh together, the fairy lights becoming brighter as the sun went down and my smile becoming bigger the later the time got.

An old Elvis song comes on and I stand up, offering my shaking hand to Cas. He stands next to me and I rub the back of my neck.

"I can dig Elvis, you?" He nods, a slow smile spreading across his face. I smile softly back and bow to him, holding out my hand.

"May I have this dance, fine sir?" He giggles and bows back, taking my hand in his.

"Of course, young gentleman." I smile at him and pull him close, holding my arms around his waist as he leans his head on my shoulder. I smile and put my lips next to his ears, softly singing along to the words of the song.

Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

I finish singing into his ear and he grabs the back of my neck, pulling me down for a kiss.

And fireworks erupt in my chest.

Cas' POV

We slow dance to Elvis, his breath tickling my ear as he sings softly. I bite my lip and sigh, relaxing fully into his arms, letting his words wask over me, and when the song ends I pull him in for a kiss.

And it feels like fireworks.

We laugh awkwardly and Dean rests his forehead on mine, staring into my eyes. He bites his lip and softly whispers to me.

"I can't help falling in love, Cas. With you." I smile softly and kiss his nose.

"I can't help falling in love with you either, Dean Winchester. What a pair we make." What a pair indeed, the best friends, the broken boy and the fixer, the ones who had found love against all odds.

And I loved every second of our story.