Chapter 20: Talks with Bobby

Dean's POV

I walk into Bobby's Auto Repair Shop and sigh at the feel of the place, glad that I chose to keep this job rather than be a waiter at two diners. Everything in here usually relaxed me, the sound, the smell, even the people. But after my nightmare last night I felt on edge and fidgety.

"Bobby! I'm here!" I call out to the office before getting my toolbox out. I look up and laugh quietly as Bobby tries to unhook his overalls from the office door handle. He yanks on it and it flies off, sending him stumbling backwards before he huffs and straightens his shirt. He shakes his head and walks over to me, pulling me into a hug.

"Dean! How are ya boy?" He asks as he pulls away, I shrug and look down a bit. After the 'incident' Bobby became a second father to me, I can talk to him without having to express my emotions. But I can't hide anything from him either, he's become a second father to a lot of people and he can tell when something's wrong.

"What happened, Dean?" He lowers his voice and I look upwards, trying to avoid his gaze. Guilt trips in my chest and my nightmare returns, causing my breath to hitch. I can 't tell him, not right now anyway. I shake my head and he nods understandingly.

"Alright, well, in that case, I've got a beauty for ya today, 67 Red Corvet, got a problem with the brakes." I smile gratefully and salute him casually, he just laughs and walks off, leaving me to the car. I walk around the corner with my toolbox and whistle at the car, it's in perfect condition and the paintwork it awesome.

Not as good as baby of course.

I slide under the car and begin working, falling into the calm zone where the shouting from the other workers disappears. Where it becomes just me and the car, it takes my mind off my nightmare. I work on her brakes until they're perfect and then slide out, wiping the sweat from my brow with my hand and smearing grease across my face.

I walk towards the office and wave to Rufus as I pass him, he just gives me the finger. I wander into Bobby's office and he looks up at me. He points towards the chair in front of his desk and I sit silently, he's gonna ask what's wrong again and who am I kidding? Of course, I'll tell him.

He shuffles the papers on his desk and quickly scribbles something down before dropping them and rubbing his eyes. He sighs and looks at me, resting his head on his hands and leaning forward.

"Care to tell me now, boy? Don't give me that 'I'm fine' crap, cause I know your not. Now spill, we have no other cars today." I sigh and look down at my hands before mumbling under my breath.

"Dean, ya idgit, you need to talk to explain." I rub my face and scratch the back of my neck before clearing my throat.

"I had another nightmare last night and I freaked so much that I was sick." I softly say, he just nods, silent permission to continue talking.

"Then I woke Cas up and now he's worrying and when he worries, Sam worries. And then yesterday I got a call from my dad telling me he's gonna come visit and how he's now sober. How am I supposed to say no? He knows where I live and if I told him no, he'd break in and probably break Cas' neck!" I take a deep breath and groan.

"And Sammy's crushing on a girl and I don't know how to deal with that and I'm back to working night shifts as well at The Roadhouse just to pay the bills again. I mean, I have to feed three people now! All the stress built up last night and then my nightmare was worse than usual and the therapy isn't helping anymore! What am I supposed to do?"

I hug myself tightly and felt a blush creep up after my confession. It wasn't meant to come out, it just did. I sigh and apologise quietly, guilty for dumping my problems of Bobby. He smiles and then runs his beard.