Chapter 18: Fresh Start

Cas' POV

Dean and I stand outside the classroom door, ten minutes late and very scared. It was our first day back since the incident and we were both terrified of the students and the whispers that would follow us. We didn't have to worry about the football team because they had been expelled, every single one of them.

We walk in and all talking stops. We both stand there awkwardly as the teacher welcomes us back, Dean stands in front of me slightly as one of the students walks up to us. I remember her, a small red head who always hung out with the nerdy group, Charlene Bradbury.

She walks right up to Dean and he stiffens slightly until she smiles at him and starts clapping. Dean pulls me next to him and I see his frown as the rest of the class starts applauding, he blushes slightly and we both stand at the front before Charlene leans in.

"Just kiss already, the news told us you were boyfriends." I open my mouth mortified but Dean shrugs and turns to face me, a grin on his face. I narrow my eyes at him and he leans in, ensnaring my lips in a passionate kiss.

The class goes crazy and Dean blushes bright red, smiling at me warmly. One by one the students come up to us and apologise, shaking our hands and congratulating us. By the end of it, I just want to sit in the corner and sleep, but the bell rings and we make our way out of the classroom.

We gratefully stumble out of the class and Dean laughs a shocked expression on his face. Charlene skips up to us, her Star Trek t-shirt flashing in the light.

"Sup guys, I'm Charlie. We have almost every class together, isn't that just squeal-worthy? BT dubs you guys are soo OTP, I mean, ugh. Anyways, I was wondering if you two wanted to hang out with the group at lunch, I mean we would've asked earlier but, jocks being assholes." All this was said very quickly and I just nod, not knowing what to say. She squeals delightedly and starts skipping to our next class.

"What the hell is an OTP?" Dean whispers to me.

"Only ONE TRUE PAIRING! It means you guys are super cute and we think you should definitely stay as a couple." Charlie starts skipping backwards while grinning at us. Dean just chuckles and we walk into class with her.

"Have you seen the new movie? It's amazing, you two should come see it with us! I actually think you know someone in our group, Dean? You work with her, Jo Harvelle? Yeah, she says you work pretty hard and earn some sweet tips. Talking about tips, have you heard...."

Charlie talks non-stop through class and Dean and I sit next to each other, finding ourselves liking this new girl. Halfway through the lesson, I start joining in on the conversation and Dean links his hand in mine, making Charlie squeal again.

By the end of the lesson Dean and I are laughing with Charlie and getting into an argument about who was more attractive, Black Widow or Steve Rodgers.

"But Charlieee, Steve Rodgers! I mean, his face..." I whine dramatically.

"Yes but Caaaaaas! You know I like girls and Black Widow is just, ugh." We both groan and turn to Dean expectantly, watching him grin at us.

"Sorry Charles but I gotta agree with Cas. Steve Rodgers is pretty good." Charlie sighs and crosses her arms.

"Fine, we'll sort this out with everyone else." She marches towards the lunch room and Dean and I hesitate before slowly walking in. Conversation stops again and I blush, looking down at the floor. Dean haltingly grabs my hand and we walk face down to Charlie's table.

We sit down slowly, avoiding the gaze of everyone else and just stare and our feet. I hear a cough and look up, seeing a boy with a mullet smiling at us.