The conversation( revised)

P.o.v: Theo

ugh i check my watch to see the time, its 6:45 pm another 12 hour day at the office.  I'm so frustrated . business has been rocky lately and we're on the fence with losing our biggest partnership. I rest my elbows on my desk and sigh, brushing my fingers through my hair.  Now at this point it looks like a tornado went through my chocolate brown hair.

BUZZ ..... BUZZ  my phone vibrates on my desk . i reach over to grab my phone and see i have 2 new messages  from my mother

New message from mother:

Hi love me and your dad have been talking and we have something we need to discuss

New message from mother:

Your father and I would like to have you meet us for dinner at our house at 7:30 pm please be on time. Love mom.

oh great i wonder what this will be about , i'm already stressed as it is. I responded with "OK see you soon." I take all my files and pile them up on my desk. I'll finish them in the morning.swiftly walking out of my office and heading to the elevator and pressing the button I've been waiting all day to press, the down button. The doors open and I walk in and click the lobby floor. 15 levels down I go , the elevator dings and the door glides open. I walk out and say goodnight to our security man Mark. my feet click on the pavement as i walk to where i parked my black Audi. the car beeps as I unlock it. I open the door and get in. reversing and zooming out of my spot. It's 7:00 pm on the dot. I turn on the radio to kill the silence. For a guy who is respected and thought of with high honor, I listen to one direction sometimes OK, sue me .midnight memories come blasting on. " straight off the plane to the new hotel " I belt out. I press down on the gas pedal and start to accelerate.  my car passed all the street lights fast. I'm rounding the corner from my old childhood house.  i come up to the gate and enter in the code #1393. The gates  creek open and I drive onto the gravel driveway. my tires crunching under the rocks.

my car stops at the at the top of the round driveway. i park and get out. i walk up to the front door and ring the doorbell. our house keeper Lilly opens the door and leads me to the dinning room. I am then greeted by father with his usual suit and tie and piercing blue eyes and scowl saying" I son it took you long enough".

"Sorry dad got caught up in the office. You're lucky it was mom who texted me to come or otherwise I wouldn't be here."

"hello my precious , I have missed my baby boy" said my mom Evangeline

she Smothered me in a hug.her typical Chanel perfume fills My nose ,her long blonde hair tucked swiftly in a bun.

"Well why am I here what's the big news I need to know? i ask

"Come sit down so we can start the talking" said my dad.

"Ugh "I groan it's going to be a long night.

"So we know you are getting ready to take over knight enterprise because your sister and brother have no interest in it" said Scott my dad. " and we know you are one who likes to uhmm how to say this nicely. Sleep around and don't have time for relationships but that's going to have to change very soon if you want the company" said Scott.

"What! What do you mean? "I say.

" well honey we want you to get married and settle down first before we hand over the company to you" said Evangeline.

"NO! NO!NO! You can't expect me to get married. You know I don't believe in love. This can't and won't happen" i yell.

" yes it will or no company, you have until your 26th birthday or you will not inherit anything the company has to offer" Said Scott harshly.

"Until my 26th birthday that's in less than a year?!" i proclaim

" well you better start searching than"said Scott smirking.

" I know this is a lot to do darling but your a handsome young man and anyone would be lucky to get married to you" said Evangeline in her sweet calming voice.

" now that's out of the way let's eat" said Scott.

I just grit my teeth to hold back any more hurtful comments i would like to say. dinner went goodish after that. we had steak and baked potatoes . for dessert we has baked Alaska. me and my dad discussed how we might be losing our partnership and ways we can do to fix it. we finished up talking and i looked at the time its 10:30 pm.

" well i better get going guys. i have another early and long day at the office tomorrow" i say and get up from the table .

my mom comes and hugs me and gives me a kiss on the cheek and my dad shakes my hand. they say goodbye and i walk out of the house and go get into my car.i just lay my head on my steering wheel for a second just trying to process everything that just went down tonight. picking my head up i start the car and peel out . I'm so tired and all this stress gave me a terrible headache that i just want to sleep away. its about a 45 minute drive home. i watch the moon cast its light on all the objects as i drive by.

I get home and  go up stairs to take my shower. While I am unbuttoning my shirt I hear my phone go off. I step out of my bathroom to see I have a text form my PA Melissa that I have a board meeting tomorrow morning at 7:00 am with the Kings company. They have been our best investors for over two decades. i quickly hop in the shower and get my hair all wet and soapy. i scrub my mop like hair and make a nice head massage. i rub in my body wash then rinse off. my arm vein flex as i wrap my towel around my waist , my v line  peeping out the top. the water drops down my abs and i take my smaller towel and dry my hair. i grab my black Calvin Klein boxers and jump into bed. I look at the clock and see I that it's 11:30 pm better get to bed so I can wake up at 6:00 am. That roughly gives me 6.5 hours of sleep two more than usual. after all the commotion that happened today i knocked out fast.