yesunnet

he sees jimin's figure laying on the bed, almost lifelessly except for the beeping from the monitor. jimin's sleeping but jungkook doesn't want to leave. he wants to stay here and he doesn't even care if taehyung or the doctors will try to pull him out because he won't leave jimin at this period of time.

his boyfriend's skin is much too pale, amd jungkook's heart aches painfully, digging his nails so hard into his palm he'll leave marks.

he staggers slowly towards the side of the bed, seeing jimin sleeping peacefully, soft even breathing coming out of him which calms jungkook a little. the younger leans down, placing his lips against jimin's forehead, taking jimin's hand and intertwining their fingers together. his tears spills out, splattering against jimin's skin and the male slowly wakes up, eyes fluttering open weakly to take in jungkook's trembling figure.

he turns, releasing a shuddering breath, the tears burning his skin. jungkook mutters his name weakly, trying to pull him back but jimin doesn't budge until jungkook turns him firmly, seeing unshed tears brimming in his boyfriend's eyes.

"please stop crying, i can't look at you like that" he finally croaks out, shifting a little, silently asking jungkook to stay by his side and when he does, the brown haired sighs out, resting his head onto the male's chest as their intertwined fingers never broke.

"does it hurt?" jungkook whispers, rubbing soothing circles into his hand as he sucked in a breath.

"a little but it's alright"

"i love you"

"i love you too jungkook, i always have" he pushes himself up a little, cradling jungkook's face softly before bringing his lips to his own, all the pent up emotion and feelings surging again once more as jungkook caress jimin's nape and jawline softly, assuringly.

when they pulled away, jungkook lets his eyes slip shut, placing his forehead on jimin's making their nose touch.

"i love you, so much"

"i'm sorry"

"don't be"

it's a lot of coaxing for jungkook to finally leave because seokjin has to talk to jimin privately. the latter only moves when the doctor promises to let him stay for the night.

he kisses the crown of jimin's head before leaving, waiting outside the room.

"what is it?"

"well you might love me too much after this but i got my approval" he smiles, waving a roll of document in his hand.

jimin freezes, eyes going wide before he brings a hand to his mouth, a small laugh emitting out before the tears escapes his eyes, happy tears for once.

"are you serious?" he gasps incredulously, wiping his tears away.

"yes, but the surgery is tomorrow. jimin i have to tell you-"

"the surgery is dangerous since i'm the first patient to try it and there's a chance for me to die on the spot, i know hyung but i'm taking the risk, there's not much time left anyway" he smiles, falling back onto his bed with a happy sigh.

"it's weird seeing you this happy, go back being emo"

"you're the doctor and you're telling me that"

"whatever, you're going to get a blood test and scanning in the morning for me to do a final check before starting"

"seokjin hyung" the said male turns, bring his clipboard down so that he sees jimin.

"thank you, so much. for everything" he whispers, eyes glistening in thought.

seokjin pulls him in for an embrace, rubbing his back assuringly.

"it's going to work and you're going to live jimin and i'm going to get to see my favourite patient still alive after all he had been through" he says softly before pulling away, smiling at him before leaving.

jungkook enters immediately, asking why his eyes are red as he slides back in to the bed.

jimin stares at him for a moment, seeing curious doe eyes looking at him, falling even more for the owner before he wraps his arm around jungkook, screaming in his neck that has jungkook startled.

"baby you scared me"

"i might have a chance"

"what?"

"you fucking idiot, why am i in love with you?"

"i really don't-" something clicks in his head, and he untangles himself from jimin 
to look at him properly, shock written on his face.

"you're joking" he gapes, slapping a hand to his mouth.

jimin sighs before turning around, grumbling under his breath before he hears laughters from behind as he got scooped up from his boyfriend, arms snaking around his waist.

"i love you, so much"

"fuck off"

"i'm sorry daddy"

"jesus jungkook i'm trying to be mad here"

"you're so adorable please let me live"

"you're not helping"

"you can't resist me daddy"

"oh look i think it's bed time"

jungkook groans and rolls his eyes when he hears silence afterwards but wraps himself closer, jimin lacing their fingers together and jungkook can't still his rapidly beating heart even if he tries to.

this, this is how it feels to fall in love with someone and risking it all, he thinks as looks at jimin's sleeping figure, kissing the top of his head before falling asleep as well, grip never faltering.

pls love me.