Who are they?

This will serve as your only warning:

This story contains scenes that imply and/or blatantly depict romantic relationship between two women (I dream of a future where we no longer have to warn people about this, simply because it's no longer necessary)

It also has foul language, may discuss societal, political and religious issues. If the following is not your cup of tea then I suggest you scram and drink whatever you wish to drink.

--

Disclaimer: Mentions of name of persons, places and establishments whether real or fictional are used loosely for the sake of the story. No infringement intended.

--

Meet Victoria Angel Lopez, a 17 year-old Business Administration student in one of the most prestigious schools in the country. She grew up getting everything she wanted without even shedding an ounce of effort. This is possible because of her parentage, the Lopez family owns one of the largest entertainment and media conglomerate in the Philippines, the same family who also owns the largest provider of electricity in the country. And we're only talking about their biggest ones.

In a glance, people may think that she's got everything. They just don't know, she actually doesn't have the most important thing a person would ever need, care and love. It's not like no one loves her per se, in fact her family loves her. The problem is, not once in her entire existence did she ever feel that love. Just like what the person writing this says, you can keep proclaiming your love, but when words lacks actions, you may as well speak in tongues.

Her father, the last child among four children of Bartholomew Lopez, Matthew Lopez, is an army general. Her father was the only one who did not follow their father's footsteps, even her father's bothers and cousins were in one way or another part of the Lopez Group of Companies. That fact should've been great for her, because that meant her father wasn't too busy with business to be with his family. But it seemed like her father's career path was much worse.

More often than not, her father is deployed somewhere in the country because of a particular mission. As a high ranking official he should've been behind a desk, but no, because her father's specialty is with reconnaissance he was always needed to be in the field or close to it. That wasn't even the end of it, because her father's deployment are always sensitive cases, information are always kept in a tight lid so because of this, even family members would not know where he is or what he's doing.

Tori's mother on the other hand is a stay at home mom, again which should've been great. However, every time her father is not with them which consisted most of her entire short life, her mother may be physically present, but mentally and emotionally absent. Her mom spent most of Victoria's childhood worrying about her husband that she forgot to care for her only child.

If we're going to define a neglected child, Victoria is a perfect example of one. Yes, every material thing has been provided to her. But a child needs her parents the most, their attention, care and love. It is important that a child feels all this and she did not.

For a child who grew up with a ghost of a father and a shell of a mother. What then can you expect of a child who spent her entire life not knowing what pure, unconditional love is?

If she were a Thesis, for sure the Hypothesis, is that she'll grow up as a cold hearted bitch. At the end of the research, the hypothesis turns to a conclusion. What then is the recommendation?

For someone to show her the true meaning of love.

--

At the other end of the spectrum, meet Ezrael Soliba, a 17 year-old Criminology student attending in the number one Criminology School in the country (same as Tori's school).