C18: Cutting dead weight loose

Victoria and her boyfriend were busy making-out on her couch when she felt his hand get awfully close to her chest. She immediately pulled away and pushed her boyfriend, lightly but firmly. "Harold, we've talked about this" Victoria snapped, irritation welling inside her.

Harold sighed heavily, his face morphing into barely contained frustration, "oh come on, Victoria. We've been dating for almost eight months and even then I've started courting you since we were in sophomore in high school. Are we really going to settle for just kissing? For fucks sake, Tori, we're in the twenty first century not the fifties, sex is a normal thing between people who are in love" Harold says angrily.

But we're not in love, not me at least Victoria voiced inside her head.

"I don't care how long we've known or dated each other or what year it is, I'm not ready to have sex and you have to understand that" Victoria retorted resolutely, "fine, whatever" her boyfriend huffed before leaving her alone, slamming the door to make sure his displeasure is not missed by his girlfriend.

Instead of Victoria feeling sad with her boyfriend leaving, she only felt pure relief.

---

The next day, as per usual Victoria and Ezrael were walking from school to Victoria's building. This 'walking together' is basically a standing non-verbal contract between them, if you will. "I have a serious question" Victoria starts, Ezrael nodded as a way of response, the smaller woman saw the head nod via her peripheral vision so she just went with it, "are you a virgin?" was asked without preamble.

Ezrael despite her surprise managed a slight nod, Ezrael wondered where this sudden question came from. She tried to remember everything that has occurred between them today and even yesterday but couldn't come up with anything that might've led to this question.

No words were exchanged after that nod, Ezrael could see the other woman opening her mouth to say something but closes it again even though this happened several times, Ezrael didn't push Tori and instead waited it out. Only after several minutes until Tori broke the silence again, "aren't you going to ask me if I am?"

Ezrael gazed at the woman walking beside her, wanting to inspect the other woman's facial expression but had a hard time doing so because Tori is actively avoiding looking at her. "I don't want to invade your privacy, whether you're a virgin or not, it's your business. That matter is something that should remain private" Ezrael answers before shrugging.

"Okay, I just thought it was only fair for you to know if you wanted to since I decided to broach the subject first. Which for the record, I am, but Harold-," Ezrael suddenly stopped walking, body going rigid. She turned to stare at Tori, eyes shining with a dangerous glint, "what about Harold?" the name sounded like a curse when it came out as a rumbled question from the taller woman.

Tori instinctively stepped back with the unexpected reaction from the usually gentle woman. She didn't understand where the sudden apparent fury came from, fortunately she was sure it was not directed at her. She took a calming breath willing her heart to slow down to its normal pace.

"What about him?" Ezrael repeated, her eyes blazing like hot coals. Tori didn't want to admit this to anyone because she likes to pretend like nothing scares her but when Ezrael gets angry, which is almost as rare as a total solar eclipse, it scares the fuck out of her, regardless if said anger is not directed at her.

"Uhh, h-he's kind of getting impatient, he wants to, you know." Tori starts in a rush, "I don't know what to do since I've never done it, so I'm kind of not sold with the idea. I mean, we've been together for a while, should I just give it to him to make him happy?" Tori rambles on, still avoiding eye contact with her companion.