C5: Hug Me

"You're going to leave me?" Tori asked with a pout, "stop over acting" Sophia deadpanned, she was currently facing her vanity mirror and fixing her make-up.

"But Sunday's are always our day" Victoria complained and crossed her arms over her chest, "I know, but I already told you yesterday that mom wants to spend time with me today. I also remember inviting you to come with us. Mom would also like that." Sophia replied and turned around to finally face her best friend.

"I don't want to be a third wheel. Besides, it's your chance to spend with your mom. You can barely spend time with her as it is" Tori explained, since Sophia's mom is a surgeon, she barely has time to spend with Sophia. Victoria would feel bad trying to monopolize their time together if she decided to join in.

"You sure?" Sophia worriedly asked, "Yes, now go. You don't want Auntie to wait long" Sophia nodded with a smile and kissed her friend goodbye, "be good" she added before finally leaving, Tori was left alone in their apartment.

Victoria sighed and looked around their shared apartment. Even before they started college, a few months back, the two friends decided to share an apartment. This decision was based solely on shared loneliness because prior to living together, they each lived in an empty mansion. Sure, they have maid servants, security personnel and drivers but they might as well live with strangers.

Which is why when an opportunity presented itself to stave off some of that loneliness away, they both decided to just live together and get their own place. A place where they could feel genuine companionship with each other. They aren't just best friends, they may not be blood related but in their hearts they're sisters, FAMILY.

"This is pathetic" Victoria scolded herself. She felt disgusted with herself for sulking. She decided that she's a grown independent woman and she can find something to entertain herself. That entertainment, she decided, is to treat herself with new clothing. She stood up from where she was sat, went to her room and decided to get ready.

--

Victoria was browsing dresses on the display rack when she noticed in her peripheral vision that someone was hovering not far from her. She assumed that it was just some random sales attendant so she ignored it. A few more seconds passed by and this particular person came over to where she is and spoke, "Hi, Miss" a male voice greeted her.

Victoria tore her eyes away from one of the dress she wanted to buy and turned at the speaker. What she saw is a guy with the biggest smile plastered on his face. Victoria furrowed her brows and ran a critical eye at the guy from head to toe. He's tall, fair-skinned and quite good looking.

He wasn't wearing a uniform that resembled the sales clerks around and he's also not wearing a name plate to suggest that he's working there. The black earring he was wearing on his left ear stood out too.

"What?" Victoria hissed when she realized what this guy was trying to do. "I just wanted to came over and introduce myself, you know, get to know each other" the guy spoke sweetly, Victoria just rolled her eyes at this guy's attempt at flirting.

Here we go again was Tori's tired complaint inside her head.

"Not interested" she told the guy directly and returned her attention on the display rack.

"Not even a little bit?" the guy sounded so cocky then, he knew how he looks. A lot of women would throw themselves at him and he was sure the woman in front of him is no better. He was sure she's just trying to play hard to get. He can play her game if she wishes, he ran an appreciative look at the woman's body, and not for the first time, then licked his lips.