C3: Protecting Her

The next day, the two friends, Tori and Pia were on their way to the gym for their Physical Education class. "Is it just me or you agree that it's so stupid to have P.E. as the first class. And to top it off, it had to be 7:30 in the morning" Victoria complained, "I wouldn't call it so far as stupid but they could've used a better schedule, yes" Sophia agreed.

Victoria groaned when she realized Sophia wouldn't have minded the time because of one tiny detail, she almost forgot that Sophia is an athlete, a member of the fencing team. On the other end Victoria do not possess even a hint of athleticism, though maybe if she really tried she could, but who has time for that, right?

Sophia laughed knowingly, "at least we have a long break after this, enough time to take a shower however long we like" she tried consoling her friend. "Yeah but if I didn't need to shower after P.E. I could've spent that time tormenting someone" Tori retorted with a wink and matching evil smirk. Just as they entered the gym, they saw their classmates surrounding their instructor who seemed too intent with giving instructions.

--

Ezrael found herself seated on the bleachers watching other students run around the gym, since she came to school too early for her first class, she decided to spend her time here while waiting for her class because the gym was not far from her classroom and the noise would help her stay alert and not succumb to her drowsiness.

She's watching a group of students trying to play volleyball, and because of the operative word 'try', she figured this must be P.E. class. She assumed so because the students were wearing plain t-shirt and jogging pants, the volleyball team usually wears jerseys and shorts. When she looked closely they seemed familiar to her but she was sure this weren't her fellow criminology students so they must be from her English class yesterday.

She unconsciously grinned when she saw some guy attempting to show off with his friends with a pretty decent spike, it was still a fail though. Her grin fell off though when she saw where the ball was going, she wasn't too far from a girl who had her turned back and was busy chatting with someone. A girl who was most likely going to get hit if she doesn't do anything.

The taller of the two who doesn't have her back on the upcoming ball, saw the ball and her eyes widened, Ezrael noticed the girl's mouth move so she assumed she must've tried to warn her friend but instead of moving away, said girl chose to turn her head around. Fortunately Ezrael was close enough to grab the girl's shoulder and turn her away, she then used her fist to punch the ball away to prevent it from hitting them. Had Ezrael been a second later, the ball would've hit the girl's face instead of the back of her head for sure, both scenarios didn't sit well with Ezrael.

"What the fuck?!" the girl hissed before grabbing Ezrael's hand that was resting on her shoulder. She even went so far as to dig her fingernails on the back of Ezrael's hand, which caused the owner of said hand to wince in pain. When the girl turned, the tall girl was surprised to see the same girl who'd insulted her after her attempt in returning the dropped handkerchief. Technically she successfully returned it but it ended up in the trash hence the word attempt.

Sheesh, how unlucky can I get, two days in a row? Was the only thought running inside Ezra's mind.

Ezrael wasn't the only person who was surprised though, Victoria felt the same way when she saw who dared to grab her out of nowhere.

"You again? Are you stalking me? To think you're also a woman and to act like a goddamned pervert? Look miss, I'm not into dykes, okay?" Victoria shouted at the taller girl without pause.

To say Ezrael was shocked with the woman's words would've been an understatement of the year, after saving her from getting hit, she really didn't expect an angry reaction from it. "P-Pervert?" Ezrael clarified incredulously, this woman did not just accuse her of being a pervert.