C7: Her Savior

Ezrael found herself spending her break in the library, reading and re-reading her report that she'd need to present in her history class later. The truth is, she doesn't even need to review this report because she had already done that last night and continued obsessing about it while she laid in bed.

Which is why she barely had any sleep last night. In fact, she read her report so many times she had been able to memorize it word for word, which is why she still does not understand this nervous energy surrounding her.

She's not new to public speaking in front of a lot of people. Or perhaps because this is her first time formally speaking in front of a class, as a college student. It may be the reason of her intense nervousness.

When she noticed the time, she panicked a little thinking she was late but then realized this was History class so she didn't have to be fifteen minutes early or else she'd be considered late.

When she reached her classroom she walked directly to her proper seat and sat. This particular class has a sit-plan which is essentially a sitting arrangement via alphabetical order. The first letter of their family name is the one used as basis. Thank God for small favors, because of it Ezrael's far away from the person she's trying to avoid. Said person's seat is in the center area, and Ezrael noted, she's still not in, despite the bell ringing, while she herself was seated at the far back.

When their professor came in, she immediately asked the students to pass their index cards. She would use those index cards to randomly pick the persons who would be reporting and to write the performance grade on after the reporting is over. Half of the class was done with the reporting already last meeting, today, they're going to finish the rest.

This activity is set for two people, however, because this class is an odd number, Ezrael volunteered to be the one who would do it solo. Part of the reason why, is that she's really not close to anyone from this class and she'd rather not risk being partnered with a stranger and end up picking someone who wouldn't care if he or she fails.

The bigger reason though is that because she belongs in a completely different department, most of her class is in a different building. Having a different schedule too is a problem and if she ended up with a partner they would've had trouble trying to match a schedule so they could meet.

When the teacher read the names of the person who needed to report with the help of the index card she was holing, Ezrael slapped her forehead when she realized she had not handed her index card yet. She was too busy thinking, that she forgot she was in the process of writing her name on a piece of index card.

She decided to hold off passing her index card because she would feel bad interrupting the ones who already started with their report. Also because she has a feeling if she handed her index card now, because she passed it late, their teacher might just pick it as the one to report next. It's not that she's not ready to report nor she isn't competent with her presentation, it's just, if she could use this time to relax herself and get into that perfect mindset, the better.

While she was busy preparing herself she noticed Sophia squirming in her seat. Sophia is seated right in front of her so every movement is noticeable by her. Ezrael furrowed her brows in confusion. She was sure Sophia and her partner, who was not Victoria, reported last meeting already. They even got a verbal 'excellent' from their professor. So with this knowledge, Ezrael assumed that Sophia's squirming isn't because of nervousness.

"Miss Sophia" Ezrael leaned forward and whispered, "is there a problem?" Sophia turned slightly, "Victoria's partner hasn't shown up yet" Sophia whispered back, she looked absolutely sick with worry.