C8: Burn, Baby, Burn!

AN: A little bit of Disclaimer: Ezrael's speech later in the chapter does not anyway depict a real person's view, it is simply Ezrael's view, and she is a fictional character. The ones she will be addressing is also not meant to attack or target anyone, the speech is simply there for the sole purpose of the progression of the plot.

--

Victoria had no idea how long she stood in that empty laboratory, somehow it feels like Ezrael's words kept echoing inside the room, or maybe it's echoing inside her head, who frickin' knows. When her legs protested as she was stood there for a while she grabbed a barstool and sat on it.

She still can't believe that Ezrael walked out again on her. From now on, she'll call her the Walk-out Queen, or Walk-out King?

She's pissed as hell that Walk-out Queen was the one who got the last words again. Then again, Victoria was too shocked and frozen to speak when she saw blazing fury in those eyes instead of what she was used to seeing which is usually filled with gentle comfort.

Victoria huffed and walked out, slamming the door just for the heck of it. When she saw Sophia standing outside their classroom earlier, she was shocked but thankful. She went over to her friend.

"Come with me at the faculty of Arts and Sciences" Victoria went on a roll and lightly grabbed her friend's hand, "what? Why?" Sophia asked wondering what the hell happened between her friend walking out, being gone for a few minutes and coming back with a tantrum that would rival any two year old.

"To tell Professor Sandoval that, that dyke-, I mean, Ezrael lied about us being partners on that reporting" Tori explained in a rush, Sophia raised an eyebrow when Tori took back her slur and used Ezrael's name instead.

"You do realize that once you do this, you might as well expect that you'll fail History" Sophia stated matter of fact-ly. "I'm sure I can figure something out and not fail" Tori confidently answered.

"Maybe or maybe not, why risk it? What's the freaking big deal? You should just be thankful she helped you at all" Sophia scolded her friend. "Excuse me, I didn't ask for her help" Tori replied stubbornly, she even crossed her arms in front of her chest to show it, just in case her tone didn't already imply that.

"Geez, she sacrificed her supposed perfect score for you because of the minus five, prof gave you both on her report, the report that she lied about and told everyone you're the one who made it.

Girl, she appeared to everyone's eyes that she was some free riding douche when we both know she isn't like that. We saw with both our eyes how much effort she obviously put in that report, it was freaking awesome, yet now, everyone thinks you did that, that you were behind that success.

To be completely honest, she went out her way to help you, glorified you in the process even. Despite all the things you said to her, she did not hesitate to do that. So for the love of god, stop being so goddamn ungrateful." Sophia ranted at her friend.

"I'm not being ungrateful, as what I've said, I didn't ask for her help, I'm not obliged to be grateful" Tori argued back

Sophia just rolled her eyes at her stubborn friend, "whatever, why can't you just admit to yourself that you needed help, and even though you did not ask for it, someone gave it to you freely. It shouldn't matter who that person is." Pia advised.

"Pia! Did you already forget one of our life lessons?" Victoria almost shrieked in utter disbelief.

"I know, I know. That no one gives favors without expecting one, why, did Ezra demand something in return?" Sophia curiously asked, Tori shook her head, "no"