C12: Frankie, you lying genius!

Today's Thursday so Ezrael was sitting on her Police Photography class, feeling a little impatient. This class was a three hour class, first part lecture and second half of it was laboratory. Since their lecture has just ended laboratory will follow.

"All groups were able to take their photos last meeting already, right?" their professor asked the class just to make sure, the class responded with a 'yes ma'am'

"Ok good. I'll call you guys by group and you can proceed directly to the dark room and start developing your films, the rest will remain here and work on the laboratory activity. If you didn't bring your lab coat don't bother coming inside the dark room, I told you guys to bring it" their prof instructed before leaving the rest of the class, the first group following their prof at the dark room.

Their class was divided into four groups, and each group consisted of seven to eight people.

Ezrael's group was the last to enter the dark room, "before we turn off all the lights, I want to remind everybody to turn off their phones. Leave it on if you want your negatives to end up with defects because if someone texts or calls you, we all know what might happen. Any source of light, no matter how weak, will destroy the image on the film before it's properly developed" their prof instructed slash threatened them, Ezrael didn't bother checking for her phone because she was sure she left her phone inside her bag.

The red light has just been turned off when someone's phone started ringing, "what did I tell you? Whose phone is that?" their professor asked angrily, Ezrael froze in disbelief when she realized the phone was hers. She remembered putting her phone inside her bag, actually, she was sure she placed it in her lab coat's pocket that was inside her bag, which she is wearing now. Ezrael was tempted to punch her own face for being so stupid.

Because her lab coat was thin and it was white, added to that the absolute lack of light inside the dark room, the light coming off of from the phone was like a flood light inside a light house.

"Turn back the lights on" their professor demanded, the one closest to the switch followed the instruction and the lights was back, everyone had to pause for a minute and blink their eyes to get accustomed to the light again, "Whose phone is that?" repeated their professor while looking at them one by one, intensely.

"It's mine, ma'am" Ezrael whispered guiltily, the professor's eyes narrowed angrily, "get out" the prof half shouted while pointing at the door, "sorry ma'am, I thought-" Ezrael didn't get the chance to explain herself because her prof cut-her off, "I told you to turn your phone off, that was a simple instruction and you couldn't follow. You've wasted enough time as it is, you're lucky enough that we hadn't started yet or else your whole group would've suffered with your irresponsibility. You won't participate in this activity, go back to the classroom" Ezrael had no choice but to nod and leave the room.

While Ezrael walked back to her classroom, she decided to check who called her. She doesn't have much contacts because she only recently needed a phone once out of the academy and two, she's such a private person only her family and a handful of her close friends has her number. More often than not, the only people who would call her cell are her family, but her family does know she's in school right now so they wouldn't contact her, unless it's an emergency.

Heart thudding, she pulled out her phone and checked who called, she sighed deeply when she saw who called, both in relief that it was not an emergency and exasperation when the 1 missed call from Tori flashed before her eyes.

Her group took a while to return from the dark room, when they did return, they patted her shoulder lightly, "don't worry too much, it was a group score anyway, it's okay" her group consoled her, however, even though she isn't getting a zero on this particular activity, she still missed the developing process which is what's upsetting her most. She nodded to her group mates, and forced a smile, she was at least thankful that they weren't mad at her for her blunder.