Chapter Five: Clean Me Off. I'm So Dirty, Babe

The Way brothers arrived at the hospital, and Mikey let Gerard cling to him. It's common knowledge to Mikey that Gerard hates hospitals and needles, so none of this was good for him at all.

"Mikey...I'm scared," Gerard stuttered, shaking helplessly as the nurse prepared the syringe to draw blood from her patient. Gerard turned to his younger brother, his eyes full of desperation. "Mikey, will you...hold my hand?"

"Of course, Gee,"
Mikey felt like the big brother as he listened to Gerard whimper as the nurse drew blood from his arm. He soothed him and promised him treats and coffee when this was over, since he had to fast for the tests. They had a bit of some time to spare till the test results came in, so Mikey took Gerard to the cafeteria for treats. After that, they both returned to the doctor's office, where Dr. Trenton waited for them with the results.

"Mr. Way...and, Mr. Way," he smiled, nodding to the patient and his younger brother. "Why don't you tell me what has been going on in your home in the last three weeks since you started taking your new medication, Gerard?"

"Oh...well, uh...," Gerard blushed, unsure how to politely say how he's been having wet dreams over his former caregiver every night.

"Please, it is very important that we understand in order to explain our findings in your test results,"

"Well...I...I've been...kinda...been having strange things happen to me at night...and it involves...uh...it involves my sex drive," Gerard finally spat out.

"And are you sexually active?" Dr. Trenton asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Well...I really can't be," Gerard shrugged, looking down his dysfunctional, wheelchair-bound body in discontent.

"So then how does your recent event pertain to your sex drive? Can you please elaborate?"

"Recent event? What do you mean?" Gerard asked.

"Whatever is happening to you at night, Mr. Way,"

"Nothing is. I just keep...having dreams of him...," Gerard's voice trailed off as he smiled thinking of Frankie.

"And area these dreams resulting in nocturnal emissions?"

"I...I guess so," Gerard said reluctantly. "But it shouldn't happen this often, should it? It's never been this frequent for me before!"

"Well, actually," Mikey chimed in. "It is not happening at night as much as in the daytime, Dr. Trenton,"

"Oh...is it?" Gerard asked, furrowing his brow.

"Yes, and several times Marco has found you and had to clean you up," Mikey responded, shuddering the mentioning of Marco's name.

"And who is this Marco, and what is his position in your home?" the doctor asked, writing down a series of notes in his clipboard as he listened to the patient and his brother.

"He's one of my caregivers," Gerard said.

"One of them, so you have another?"

"Well...I used to...," Gerard frowned at the thought of his name, missing him dearly. "...and his name was Frank. Frank Iero,"

"So he has not been around then. When did you last have him in your service, Gerard?"

"I think it's been...oh god...I can't remember...," Gerard sighed, frustrated with his forgetful memory.

"It's been almost a month," Mikey added, frustration in his voice. "

"Look, doc. I get that you need information, but what is with all these questions?"