Chapter Thirteen: Turn Away, Cause I'm Awful Just To See

It was now nearly Christmas, and Mikey had slept with more men than he could count on both hands. He never saw them again either; all just mindless faces and cocks. Sometimes he fucked them, sometimes they fucked him. He didn't care either way, he was numb. He stumbled home after another one night stand to find Frank in the living room, sipping on a cup of coffee.

"Mikey, it's the twenty-third. Were you planning to fuck or get fucked tomorrow and Christmas too?" Frank asked coldly.

"Of course not, Frankie," Mikey replied defensively.

"Just checking," Frank got up and headed to the kitchen after finishing up his coffee. He placed the mug in the sink. "You know your brother is worried about you,"

"Yeah, well he has you, so you can tell him not to worry about me so much,"

"Are you kidding me?" Frank snapped as he spun around and marched up to Mikey. "What the fuck does that have to do with anything?"

"Nothing, Frank...nothing at all," Mikey walked away from Frank and ambled down the hall. Frank growled and rushed to him, pinning him against the wall.

"Now listen here, you piece of shit! That man in there, your brother is fucking dying! We don't even know if he will make it to his next birthday, and here you are whoring it up every week!"

"He doesn't need me anymore, he has you!" Mikey yelled as he tried to push off Frank, but was too weak and drunk.

"I'm not his brother!" Frank yelled back.

"Yeah, well you're not my boyfriend either, so get the fuck off me!" Mikey screamed. He found the strength and pushed Frank away. He slapped his face and then stormed into his room, slamming the door shut. Frank stood there stunned. He didn't know what to do. He just hoped that Gerard didn't hear anything.

"Mikey? Frank?" Gerard called out, much to Frank's dismay. He knew Gerard heard every last word that had been uttered. Frank sighed, walking into Gerard's bedroom.

"Hey, Gee. Sorry about that. Mikey just got home, and...,"

"I know. I heard everything, Frank,"

"Oh...sorry," Frank frowned. "I just...I didn't think I hurt him, I just was trying to get through to him, you know?"

"I know. I understand you. Mikey really needs you, you know?"

"What he needs is to be fixed. He's running around like a stray with his Johnson on fire...," Frank said before he stopped and got a puzzled look on his face. "Fuck, I just quoted my grandmother,"

"You bet your sweet ass you did," Gerard smiled a bit. "But listen, Frank. I know this sounds odd, but...,"

The apartment suddenly filled with the sound of someone trying to purge their soul into the abyss. Frank sighed, rolling his eyes.

"Hang on, baby. I'll be right back," Frank said as he left the room and crossed to the bathroom. He saw Mikey with his head halfway in the toilet, passing out.

"Ugh, that can't be pleasant," Frank sighed. He reached and pulled Mikey up a bit, which caused him to throw up again. Frank flushed the toilet and then sat on the tub as he ran a hand over Mikey's back, soothing him.

"F-frank?" Mikey called out weakly

"Hang on, Mikes. I got you,"

Once Frank knew Mikey was done puking, he pulled his head up. He wiped the young man's face off and then helped him up to his feet. He guided Mikey to his room and sat him on the bed. He took his boots off, and then his jeans. He tucked him into the bed. He sighed and placed a glass of water on the night stand with a bottle of asprin, and then returned to Gerard.