Chapter Fourteen: Take My Hand And Never Be Afraid Again

Frank was cursing like a sailor right now, yelling every obscenity in the book. He never plugged in his phone at the house, and he forgot his car charger because he was cleaning the car out yesterday. He was at thirteen one percent now. Thankfully, it was not a shitty I-Phone, which can get from twenty percent to dead within seconds flat. Still, the little orange bar at the bottom of the battery made him nervous. He followed the GPS, which was locked onto Mikey's location. He was near where the boys used to live, not far from the high school they all attended. Frank started to think about what was there, so he had backup plan in case the phone died.

"The park!" he yelled. He congratulated himself and then turned his phone off to conserve the battery. He then picked up speed, hoping there were no cops around towards his destination.

_ _ _

"I don' want a lot for Chrismasss, there is jus' one thing I need. I don' care 'bout the pressssents, underneath the Christmasss treee...,"

Mikey was pretty drunk now....No, he was smashed. Really smashed. There was only about a fourth of the bottle left. He sat on the edge of the bridge, singing a song that he and his friends used to sing when they got drunk in high school. Mikey used to make Gerard blush when he would whisper in his ear that all Gerard wanted for Christmas was Frank.

"Well, ya finally got ya wish, Gee! Here's to ya both!" Mikey hollered into the air, finishing his bottle and then dropping it from the ten foot height. He heard it smash, and giggled. "I wonder if I will sound like that...," he mused as he tipped over slightly to see the ground below him and the frozen water that now had an outlet from the hole the bottle made. He then suddenly cussed under his breath, thinking that he should have written a suicide note or something for Gerard and Frank. He pulls out his phone and tried to see the buttons. He starts to compose a text to them, thankful for auto-correct.

"Dear Gee and Frank,

I am so happy for you both. I wish you all the love and happiness in the coming...however much time you have left. You two deserve each other and to be happy together..."

"Fuck, I wrote happy a lot," Mikey whispered. He laughed and continued.

"Anyway, don't cry for me. I'll be alright, I had a good life, just wish I had someone to share it with like you guys. Take care of yourselves.

Love, Mikey"

Mikey hit send and then started to sing again, drunkenly wandering around in the cold December weather.

_ _ _

Gerard's phone vibrated in his pocket. It wasn't very often that he got text messages from anyone, usually just Mikey and Frank. It must be something urgent, he thought. He wanted to make sure Mikey and Frank were both okay.

"Rosalie, could you do me a favor and grab my phone outta my pocket? Someone just texted me,"

"Sure, Gerard," Rosalie said, walking up to Gerard and picking it up from his pocket and connecting it to Gerard's computer so he could see the text and reply at his will. He read the text, his eyes widening in horror as his eyes scanned over word after word. He felt his whole body shake and his heart race. Mikey was in danger.

"Oh, no...,"

"Gerard, calm down. What is it?"

"It's Mikey...he's gonna kill himself! We gotta stop him!"

"What? Oh no!" Rosalie gasped in shock. "Where's Frank? You gotta text him!"

"I'm on it," Gerard said, frantically texting Frank and telling him to move his ass and find Mikey before it was too late. He didn't want Mikey to die...not before him...