Chapter 7: Something's On My Mind

"Hello, Frankie," Georgia smiled when Frank came and opened up the door for her, letting her in.

"Hey Georgia, come on in. I was just cleaning up from lunch. Gerard is in his room,"

"Okay, would you like me to do this in the living room, or your room?"

"My room would be better, I can hear Gerard if he needs me,"

"Very well," Georgia walked down the hall where Frank directed her. She waited for him to follow.

"I'm just gonna check on Gerard first. Hold on," Frank excused himself, walking down the hall to check up on his patient. "Hey Gee, you still awake?"

"Yeah, why?" Gerard asked, looking up from a comic book he was reading on his device.

"I am going to be in my room if you need me. I have a guest," Frank smiled at him. "Just knock on the wall, I'll hear you,"

"I'll yell for you. Don't wanna hurt my head!" Gerard smiled back a bit.

"Alright, Gee," Frank closed the door and headed back to his bedroom, where Georgia waited for him. "Sorry to keep you waiting,"

"It's okay, come sit. Let's talk, Frankie,"

_ _ _

Gerard woke up from his afternoon nap to hear a unison of laughter. It wasn't coming from his head this time, thankfully. It was coming from the other room. It was Frank, and...a woman? It's gotta be one...but who?

"Oh man, I remember that. You were covered in mud!" he heard Frank's voice, talking to her.

"I was so pissed at you, I kicked you in the nuts!" the lady laughed lightheartedly.

"Yeah, and then you eased my pain,"

"Well, I was a gentlemen after all,"

"And good with your hands,"

Gentleman? Did this lady that Frank is talking to used to be a man? Regardless, Gerard was still worried. Had Frank been with someone the whole time? Mabe Frank really did have a cute and lucky girlfriend all along. He sighed deeply, knowing that he deserved someone far better than a useless cripple like him.

"Yes, but that was the past," Georgia spoke.

"True, but we had fun,"

"We did, and I am very happy and proud of you, Frankie,"

"Thanks, Ryan," Frank said, making Georgia giggle. "Fuck, I slipped again!"

"It's okay, I know you mean well,"

Ryan? That's not her name? What kind of name is Ryan...for a girl? Gerard furrowed his brow. Now he was confused. Seriously, who was Frank talking to over there? Whoever it is...must have a special place in his heart. Maybe not in a romantic way, but still deep...

"Well, our time is way up," the lady that may or may not be named Ryan said.

"Yeah, sorry about that,"

"No, it's fine. It was nice to reminisce a bit,"

"So same time next week?"

"Yeah, but I will see you Friday for Mikey,"

"Right, duh, you live here now," Frank and Ryan laughed together.

Gerard thought to himself who that could be that Frank is talking to. That can't be Frank's girlfriend...or boyfriend? It just doesn't seem right...

"Did you want to see Gerard before you leave?" Frank asked.

"Do you think he's awake yet?"

Gerard sighed, knowing that he may have to meet this man or woman. At least he can figure out who Frank was talking to, but it's not like he was in the mood to talk to any company anyway...besides Frankie, of course.