Were Not Just Dreamers

A/n: Sorry for the incredibly long wait. I've been dealing with a lot lately. First off, my bird, Kara, passed away only three days ago. She was my best friend... Then I got a girlfriend (she's smart, amazing and very very gorgeous. I couldn't ask for anyone else) and I've been practicing for a concert that just passed on Friday. I'm sorry I haven't updated. So... here's the new chapter!

I couldn't open my eyes right away. My limbs didn't move at my command and all I could see was darkness. Comas are kind of odd, if you think about it. You cannot control your body for an unusual amount of time. People can do anything and everything they want to your sleep induced body.

For instance, the shove tiny silver knives into your forearm and pull out some of your very own blood for "tests". They don't know it, but I could hear them. I could hear every little thing they said. I heard them talk about me like I was some crazy kid.

I'm not crazy.

One of the people in the room suggested that I should be transferred. It was shut down immediately. Thank god.

Finally, I heard the odd people leave and once again, I was filled with the silence of the room. It weird how silence can turn into noise.

The silence was so loud.
(No Doctor Who pun intended)

A little while later, I heard someone else enter the room. Their footsteps were quiet, just like them. I knew right away- who it was I mean- because they didn't speak a word to me. If I could smile, I would.

'Frank' my mind echoed.

Thanks mind.

The boy sat on what I had assumed was a chair, a few feet away from my bed. I heard him sigh and soon, the coolness of what I had assumed was my arm was replaced with a subtle heat. Frank was holding my hand.

"I don't know if you can hear me.." he started.

If I could gasp, I would.

"I need you.." he emphasized. "Gerard you don't know how-" Franks voice cracked. I'd assumed he was under a lot of pressure. "How much you mean to me..."

Fuckkkk

"I- I know things are tough but.. you gotta be the tough one... I'm not- I'm not tough."

No Frank. You are tough. You're so brave. My brain blurted.

I had to wake up.

"I can't fight.." he continued. "I'm so weak and-"

My hand twitched. My hand fucking twitched. If only I could move a bit more...

I began to get feeling on the tips of my toes. They were cold.

Frank leaned closer to me. I could feel his breath pooling over my cheeks. "Gee..." he whispered. "Can you hear me?"

I first gained feeling in my toes. I wiggled them a few times, testing the water.

Slowly, I cranked my shoulders up, immediately feeing my pounding head and aching ribs. As I cracked my eyes open, my chest vibrated in a soft chuckle.

"Since when did you start calling me gee?" I crackled.

Franks eyes shot up to mine, his voice immediately leaving his throat. I smiled at the boy.

"Well.. I'm sorry.." I smiled, glinting my small white teeth in his direction.

Frank sighed, shaking his head. He stood up and began to walk out.

"Frank?" I called out childishly. He didn't listen.

"Frankie..." I tried again, this time more pleading and desperate.