Pneumonic-Screamers Came to Gather Up Our Friends

A/n: IM APOLOGIZING IN ADVANCE!

I am the twenty somethin fuck up you may know as Gerard way. My roommate's name is Frank Iero. We met inside 'Our Lady' psychiatric ward, both of us leading tragic back stories and yadda yadda yadda.

That's not what you want to hear from me. You want to hear the juicy parts. The story that you've been so damn eager to hear. Well, let me tell you, oh dear reader of mine, I'll tell you the rest of the story, but you won't like it.

Not one bit.

It started with the hallucinations, not like the ones you'd read in other stories and watch in other movies. It was plain and simple. Never saw one up close, eye to eye. They always lurked, right in the corner of my eye. It was a clear image, actually. A tall, blond haired and broad shouldered angel with golden wings so long that the dragged on the floor. He was always there. Always watching. Whenever I'd turn to look at him, though, he'd be something else whether it was a mop, or a door, or any other person walking by. I was.. confused for the most part. I didn't understand why I couldn't see him, yet I could definitely hear him- well- them so to speak.

The angels who talked to me became a casual thing after a few weeks. Frank constantly urged me to talk to Maya about all of this, but I couldn't stomach it. I felt as if it would be a sin to get rid of my angels.

The angels pitied Frank, just like I did. They told me that he was unable to comprehend the magical powers that he was witnessing, and I agreed.

The angels helped me figure out that many things didn't matter. Not in the depressing way that you'd think. They simply told me that things that we humans valued such as money, friendships, sex, luxuries- they all didn't matter. In the end, we'd all end up in the same hole, rotting away into nothingness, but what you've done in your life, the saving and the forgiving, that's what really mattered at the end, and I agreed.

I stopped talking to many people, those including Ryan and Brendon.

Oh, and Maya.

I'd even quit talking to Jenny. Remember her? My little pudding dealer? Yeah.

Now that I think of it, I quit eating altogether.

I remember how worried Frank became. It's as if our roles switched, Frank being the talkative happy one and I became the mute who ate nothing. Funny how that worked, huh?

The angels swooned over Frank. They told me that he was absolutely perfect. He was incredibly pure. They said that he was too pure, in fact. So pure, that we had to do something about it. Something to keep him from being stained by the dirty unforgiving world.

And I agreed.

I quietly sat on my bed, listening to the little noises of Our Lady. I did that a lot lately, listen. I really had nothing else to do.

Slowly, my door creaked open, and in stepped Frank with a hot tray in his hands, and a small paper cup filled with pills. The boy smiled at me and placed the tray on the end of my bed.

"I got this for you," He said. "I figured you were hungry or somethin.."

I nodded, and looked away.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Frank pushed, now gnawing on the inside of his lip.

I didn't meet his eyes.