I Know You've Had Choices To Make, But I'm With You

I slept with someone.

It was a girl.

I didn't know her name or her age. I didn't know what she even looked like, not that it matters. I was told that she killed herself. I don't know why someone would tell me that. I don't know how they knew I slept with her or was even remotely intent with the girl. We never talked. I'd met her one night, while walking around the hospital. She'd pulled me into her room and started kissing me. I'd tried to stop her but, alas, I began to think with my dick instead of my brain. I don't know what else to tell you besides the fact that we had sex and then I left. She's never tried to talk to me again.

Funny how that works. One moment you fuck each other, the next one of you are dead.

I'll have to admit, I felt dirty and guilty for a while. I still feel that, in fact. I feel like I betrayed Frank, no matter how crazy that sounds.

I suppose I'm impure now. Frank is still pure, though. He's still perfect. I must keep him that way. I'm just not sure how..

The angels tell me that there's only one way to keep someone pure. I just haven't accepted that idea yet.

No... definitely not yet.

I creep around Frank now. I don't think he's caught onto the weird vibe or anything. I just- I don't want to touch him. I don't want him to be stained by my fingertips.

I sleep now, in a full sleep suit. You know, those that make you look like you have a super important dream meeting to attend. Yeah. Those. I also wear socks and gloves 24/7.

I can't risk damaging Frank's pureness. If I accidentally roll over and touch him during sleep, I'd be ruined. I think the angels would strike me down.

It was actually funny, the first day I went into bed with my full suit. Frank sat up and stared at me, wide eyed.

"What meeting are you gonna attend, Mr. Way?" He asked quietly, yet sarcastically.

I smiled and sat next to the boy, pulling on my white gloves over my icy cold hands. "No where," I said, "Just... germs."

Then Frank did something peculiar. He looked down sadly and mumbled, "do you think I'm disgusting?"

I could feel a knot form in my chest. Disgusting? No. "Frankie..." I breathed, "you're the most beautiful person I've ever laid eyes on."

Frank's breath hitched, his gorgeous hazel orbs peering right into mine. "Y-you really think that?"

"I know it." I smiled, running my glove covered fingers over what I imagined to be Frank's incredibly soft cheek.

Frank slowly began to lean in, his eyes fluttering shut.

I couldn't feel my fingers, hell, I couldn't feel anything. All I knew is that I was leaning in too, our lips inching closer and closer and closer to each other.

"YOU'LL STAIN HIM!!" Screeched a voice in my head. I quietly gasped, turning my head to the side just as Frank was about to place his lips on mine. He'd ended up missing, and landing on my shoulder with a soft 'oof'.

Frank shot up, his face instantly reddening. "Gee- I- I'm sorry."

I could only stare sadly as the boy ripped himself apart on the inside. He babbled on about how he wasn't good enough and that he was a terrible person. Frank broke down in tears, sobbing rather loudly.

"Frank.." I tried, but he wouldn't listen.

I couldn't do anything. Not a god damned thing.

Frank stood up and headed over to the door, trying the handle and noticing that it was locked. It was past curfew. The boy pounded once at the door then slid down to the floor in a sobbing mess.

I hated myself at that moment. I hated that I ruined myself for Frank. Hated it. Hated it. Hated it.

Slowly, I peeled myself off the bed and crawled over to Frank who still sat on the floor, curled up.

"Why.." he sobbed. "Why did you tell me y-you loved m-me when you c-can't even ki-iss me.."

I look at the boy sadly. "Frankie.." I said, crawling closer to him. "You don't understand..."

"What?!" He cried. "What don't I understand?! Is it those voices again?! Those stupid fucking voices in your head?!"

I could hear the angels screech in my head, but I ignored them. "I didn't lie" I stated, "when I said I loved you. I didn't lie. I didn't. I do love you. I love you so so much."

I placed a finger under Frank's chin and lifted it so he could look at me. "I love you so damn much."

"Then why-" Frank began, but I interrupted him by placing my gloved hand over his mouth. The boy looked at me questioningly as I started to lean in. I placed a kiss on the back of my hand, just above where Frank's lips should be.

The boy's eyes widened after I pulled away, finally taking my hand off of his mouth.

"I don't want to kiss you because I don't want to ruin you." I said before he could say anything. Frank attempted to argue but I shushed him saying. "Let's just end it there. Okay? Let's go to bed."

Frank complied, following me into my bed, which happened to be the comfiest and warmest out of the two in the room. We slid into the bed, our legs tangling together under the blankets. Frank signed happily as he snuggled into my chest. I wrapped one arm around the boy and used my other to play with the black hair on Frank's head.

Slowly, I pulled him closer to me, close enough so that I could feel his heart beat through his chest.

"You're the most perfect human being to ever grace this world." I whispered, knowing that he was already asleep.

I then closed my eyes and fell asleep to the sound of Frank's breathing.

The voices inside my head snickered and bickered about, formulating a plan.

They didn't like Frank.

Not one bit.

I wasn't going to let them touch him, though. They weren't going to hurt my boy.