Na Na Na

Chapter 3

One thing was blasting out of the bus' speakers. Louis was, of course, head bobbing along to the music, singing as loud as physically possible.

"OHH WHOAA OHH WHOOAA OHH WHOAA!" Louis sang. "HARRY YOUR BIT!" he screeched over the music.

"You've got that one thing." Harry sung reluctantly; he had a headache.

"GO GO GO LIAM!" Louis yelled again jumping up and down on his seat with excitement.

"So get out, get out, get out of my head. And fall into my arms instead." Liam sang.

Louis then began to sing again, "SO GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT, OF MY HEAD FALL INTO MY ARMS INSTEAD!"

He continued singing like this for the rest of the song.

I reached for the stereo but Louis slapped my hand away, "Not so fast there, Nialler, Moments is up next! Can we please listen to it!" he stuck out his bottom lip and furrowed his eyebrows. "You know it's my favourite song in the album!"

"Urgh, fine." I answered, "But after that NO MORE!"

I was starting to get a headache too.

"Oh! Someone's getting a little cranky!" Louis remarked, smiling.

"We all are." the boys chorused miserably from the back.

The next 10 minutes were long ones...

"Okay now I have a headache." Zayn grumbled. "Please just turn that bloody thing off!"

Both Liam and Harry let out a groaning, "Yes!"

Louis had somehow got round me and had played another three songs.

I turned the stereo off, and this time for good. Hopefully!

"Oh," Louis sniffed.

"At last!" Liam sighed.

Everyone but Louis muttered an agreement, and soon enough the constant purr of the car's engine was the only sound heard.

I had one arm propped up against the window, whilst my hand was massaging my still throbbing forehead.

I observed the surroundings as Louis drove.

There were some houses.

A church. 

A park.

Shops.

Nandos.

Some more shops.

Some more houses.

Even more houses.

ANOTHER NANDOS!

Ireland is legendary.

Mmm... A peri peri chicken that is what I really fancy right now... With chips, a corn on the cob. Oh, and garlic bread and then for pudding-

"How long until we get there Lou?" Harry asked.

My nandos daydreaming was interrupted.

Louis looked at the satnav.

"The satnav says... another 5 hours." He answered, looking straight back on the road.

"Wha- WHAT?!" Zayn spluttered.

"But I thought Paul said it'd only take an hour to get to Cork from Niall's!" Liam moaned, his head in his hands.

"He did!" Harry confirmed.

"And surely we've been driving for at least 45 minutes," Zayn said.

"Well that's what the satnav says!" Louis said, not acting too bothered.

He looked again, harder this time.

"Yup, definitely 5 hours!"

No one panic, no one panic.

"Louis is quite a slow driver," I said, trying to assure everyone. "Paul said the place we were going was quite rural and, look, we're driving up across a cliff now. Much more rural than the last town we drove through!"

"Oh yeah! There were loads of pussies in that town! I saw this really old one, awh it was the cutest!" Harry smiled.

Everyone was quite lost for words.

"I mean cats." Harry stuttered, "Pussy cats."

Oh Harry does like his 'cats'.

I could hear Louis, clearly snorting and shaking his head, trying to contain his laughter.

"Honestly!" Harry insisted, holding his hands up.

Louis spluttered suddenly, behind his hand.

"Sure, sure. We believe you Hazza!" Louis laughed at the top of his lungs.

That set us all off!

We all joined him. Even Harry himself started to laugh.

Louis seemed to completely forget he was driving. He closed his eyes and shook his head as he continued to laugh and laugh and laugh.

"LOOUUIISSSS!" Zayn suddenly exclaimed out of nowhere.

Louis laughed more than ever at Zayn's frightened shriek, and I laughed more at Louis' laughing.

"NO SERIOUSLY LOUIS! LOOK AT ROOOAADD!"

Zayn was a little late.

The bus sweared off the road, causing my whole body to be turned upside down. Quite out of my control.

My head banged against the roof of the bus, hard. Again and again and again. The bus flipped a countless amount of times and at an alarming rate. I heard the boys scream. I felt Louis grab hold of me.

"I'M SORRY BOYS!" He wailed as the bus crashed again on the hard ground.

I thought of my family, my friends, my home back in Mullingar.

The newspaper headlines. Our funeral.

And then, there was darkness.