Forever Young

Chapter 4

 Zayn's point of view.

I screamed at the top of my lungs as I felt the bus tumble down the cliff.

I heard Louis scream, "I'M SORRY BOYS!"

I wanted to scream back to him. Tell him that it wasn't his fault. It was my fault; I should have warned them earlier. But, I couldn't stop myself from screaming. To my death.

It felt a rollercoaster. But, I was definitely sure this is not the rollercoaster of life. No way. Never, ever on the rollercoaster of life would you watch your four bestfriends fall to their death. Never.

The bus continued to crash down the cliff. My seatbelt cut my neck as I struggled; my arms and legs were flying in every direction. I was still screaming. That's all I could do.

As the bus took a large drop sideways I watched Niall's seatbelt unclick setting Niall's body free. He hit the top of the bus' roof, hard. His blonde hair turned a deep shade of scarlet. His yells stopped in an instant. I tried to reach out for him, but it was an impossible task.

I watched Louis' arms try to grab hold of Niall as his body fell, but he failed too. We locked gaze for a second. His eyes were panicked. His screams louder than ever.

The bus turned for what seemed like the millionth time. I braced myself holding onto my seatbelt for dear life. Suddenly, even my own screams were droaned out by louder, petrified ones. I turned my head to Liam and Harry, sitting on my right. Without time to grab hold of either of them, both Harry and Liam's bodies fell flat against the bus' wall. Their bodies now tumbled to the back of the bus. Lifeless. 

Their seatbelts must have unbuckled. I gripped onto mine now tighter than ever. Ignoring the sharp pains from my neck and back it was causing.

Further and further and further.

I couldn't think, I couldn't speak. Just scream. Never in my life had I experienced something like this!

Down, down, down.

Then finally, I noticed the descent slowing... The bus rocked back and forth finally resting on its side.

I took a deep, deep sigh. Everything in my view was ruined. The seats were tattered and torn, and one had come off it's hinges completely. The lighting was dim and filled me with utter despair.

I caught a glimpse of Liam, Niall and Harry's bodies bundled horribly at the back of the bus. I reached and unbuckled my seatbelt quickly. I had to do something. Shooting up out of my seat, I made my way to them.

Wait, wait... a little too fast. Headrush!

My stomach churned and I felt saliva immediately build up in my mouth. Then, my mouth began to open controllably to allow myself to throw up.

Nice...

I heard Louis' footsteps rushing over to me and wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"You alright mate?" he asked, his voice full of concern.

That was a stupid question.

"I- I thought I was going to die." I stated.

"I think we all did." Louis answered, hanging his head slightly.

I could tell he was going to blame himself for everything that just happened.

I hated to see Louis worry like this.

"We have to go check on the others!" I insisted, turning my head to look at Harry, Niall and Liam's unmoving bodies. A sharp pain came from my neck as I turned it.

"No, Zayn," Louis said, pushing me back down on my seat. "You stay there for a while. I'll check on the others." I heard Louis' voice waver when he spoke that last sentence.

I felt my helpless body slump back on the seat and Louis continue down the bus.

"Liam? Harry? Niall?" I heard Louis cry.

Of course, I was going to ignore Louis. I stood up; feeling my completely jellyified legs. I cringed as I felt sharp pains shoot up my back this time too. However, as soon as I saw Harry, Niall and Liam sprawled over the floor I forgot about the pain.

As I made my way over I heard Louis whisper painfully as he crouched by Liam's body "This is all my fault."

Louis began to shake Liam's body.

"You have to wake up!" Louis sobbed. "Please wake up!" He screamed again.

I ran to Louis' side. He was a wreck.

"Zayn, this is all my fault!" Louis grabbed me tightly. "I'm an absolute fuc-"

"It's not your fault." I interuppted.

Seeing Louis fall apart like this was not comforting.

"It is though! It's all my fau-" Louis started.

"Oh, shut it Louis!" a familiar voice murmered. "You and you're screeching. You're givin' me a bloody headache y'know."

We both turned to watch Niall screw up both of his eyes in fustration.

"Niall?" I asked cautiously.

Niall smiled and opened both of his eyes.

"The name's Horan. Niall Horan." he repeated, laughing at himself and sitting up.

"NIAAALL!" Louis screamed jumping at him, screaming in his ear. 

Louis is well-known for his sudden mood changes.

"Ooh, ouch!" Niall held his head, "Feels like there's a sumowrestler jumping on my head right now."

"Well, Louis did just jump on you Niall," a deep Wolverhampton accented voice spoke.

"LIAM!" I shouted.

Liam and Niall both grabbed their heads at the same time.

"Stop shouting." Liam whispered, while trying to lift himself up with his arms and failing.

I noticed this, and while Louis and Niall went to examine Harry, I slowly helped Liam up.

"Thanks Zayn," Liam smiled at me, sitting upright. 

God, his arms were covered in bruises.

"Harry?" I heard Louis whimper.

"It's alright." I smiled nervously back at him and then turned to Harry's body.

Louis and Niall were peering closely at Harry; exchanging worried looks. Niall was trying to find his pulse.

"I can't find it!" Niall said looking up at me worriedly.

I knelt down beside Niall, "Come on Harry. Wake up!"

There was no response.

I heard Louis' quiet sobs.

I took a deep breath. I have to be strong. I can't crumble. "You've gotta wake up now Harry. You can do it. Open those eyes!"

My voice grew louder and louder as my worries grew greater and greater.