Chapter 4

A few weeks later, in Literature class, Fujigaya sensei created an activity in which the students had to choose someone to describe and the others had to try and guess who the person being described is. Only a couple weren't described by anyone, including Konoe.

Even though Konoe didn't care about it, Fujigaya felt sorry for her, and he also thought of this as an opportunity for him to try to make amends with her, still thinking she's mad at him.

"I wrote one as well, try to guess who this person is." The class listened carefully, curious about who Sensei would describe. "She's nice and polite, always worries too much about others."

"Ooh, a girl." a few boys mocked.

Sensei kept going, ignoring the boys, "She gives her best at everything, no matter how little it is, has short black hair, a bubbly personality, and smiles and blushes a lot. And if I had to compare her to something, it would be a cute little puppy."

The class looked around, Konoe had no idea Sensei was describing her and she wished he was. It took sometime, but then a couple of boys yelled out Konoe's name.

"It's definitely her, she's the only girl here who looks like a puppy." a guy said.

Konoe was surprised, she didn't believe Fujigaya would ever choose to describe her.

"Yeah, a lost puppy." another boy said as he patted Konoe's head. She squealed from the surprise, not noticing the boy was behind her. She blushed and the class burst into laughter, calling Konoe cute.

Sensei dismissed the class, when he looked at Konoe, she had already been looking at him, wondering why he picked her. She blushed and automatically looked away, which made Sensei think she hated him even more, when, in truth, her heart was racing for him.

By the time she started leaving, the classroom was already empty. As Konoe approached the door, Fujigaya, worried that she hates him, called out to her.

"Konoe..." she looked back, afraid of what he would say, "I'm sorry for embarrassing you in front of the whole class." she was surprised.

Konoe shook her head, not able to say anything, but she wanted to make sure he knew she was happy, so she smiled at him and left the room, hiding her blushing face.

Sensei was surprised at the stunning smile she threw at him. He had forgotten to include in the description that she has the most beautiful smile he has ever seen.

Then, if she doesn't hate me why does she avoid me? he thought, not understanding that this girl is madly in love with him.