Chapter 16 - Trapped at School?!

It was 7pm, classes finished two hours ago, and all doors were about to be locked. The announcements had sounded, warning all students abandon the campus.

Fujigaya had been held back, correcting tests. Only now, he was walking towards his car. He passed by the art room, noticing through the window that Konoe was still inside, asleep on the desk.

Fujigaya ran inside the room, slamming the doors open.

"Konoe." He shook her, "Hey, Konoe!"

Konoe slowly opened her eyes, "Sensei?"

"What are you still doing here? School ended hours ago!"

"The art club put me in charge of cleaning duty today..."

"Come on! They're going to lock the school."

"Eh? What time is it?" Konoe suddenly opened her eyes widely.

"Let's just go." Sensei grabbed her hand and dragged Konoe to the door.

"Wait Sensei, my things are still on the table. As she went to get her things, the door made a snapping sound. Fujigaya ran towards it and tried to open it, but it was now locked. He banged on the door and called for help, but there was no response, they were both now trapped in the art classroom.

Konoe noticed what had happened and her eyes filled with tears. Fujigaya turned around and looked at her, unsure of what to say or do, "It's okay Konoe, we'll find a way out. Nothing will happen."

"It's not that." Tears flowed through her face, "Because of me, Sensei is now also trapped in here." She sniffled, "I'm always bringing trouble to you, Sensei. I'm sorry for always being such a nuisance."

He calmed down and walked towards Konoe and hugged her tight. Konoe's eyes widened as Sensei wrapped one hand around her waist and another on the back of her head. "You're not a nuisance. And it's not your fault that the others put you in cleaning duty."

Konoe looked up at Sensei, "Your face is red." He noticed and touched her forehead, "It's hot!" he gently placed his lips on her forehead checking her temperature, "You've got a very high fever!"

"Don't worry Sensei." Konoe said faintly.

"Of course I'll worry, you can't be in this state." Sensei banged on the door once more in hope that someone would hear, but nothing happened. He then tried to contact another teacher by phone, "Crap, no cell phone service." He tried to think of what more they could do but there was no way out, the windows are too small and there are no other exits.

"Are you cold?" he asked, worried about his student. Konoe shook her head, but even so, Fujigaya undressed his suit jacket and wrap it around Konoe.

"Here." he picked up the bundled Konoe and sat with her on his lap in a corner of the room.

She blushed and couldn't believe what was happening, "Se-Sensei?"

"I'm sorry, this is all I can do to keep you warm." he embraced and cuddled her, "Please try to sleep. In the morning, someone will come to open the doors."

"Un." Konoe smiled. Even though they were trapped at school at night, she was happy to be able to be like this with Sensei.

Throughout the night, Fujigaya checked Konoe's temperature and kept on trying to call for help, but he had no luck finding cell phone service in the underground art room. Worried about Konoe's condition, he kept trying to find a way out.

--------

In the morning, Aoki Sensei, the art teacher, was surprised to find Fujigaya and Konoe sleeping together in her room.

Once they woke up, Konoe's fever was gone and Fujigaya had to explain everything to Aoki Sensei and the principle.

"Apparently, your mother was worried sick for you Konoe, she even called the principle in the middle of the night." Konoe blushed.

"Thank you and sorry for everything, Sensei." Konoe bowed at him.

He smiled and brushed her hair, "What matters is that you're okay now."