Chapter 12

Konoe has been trying to hold her tears in since her argument with Chiyo. She was now exiting the hall after finishing cleaning duty.

While walking in the hallway on the way to the classroom to get her bags, Konoe was distracted thinking about her friend and didn't notice someone was walking in her direction. She suddenly bumped against someone.

Konoe looked up to see that the one she bumped against was Fujigaya Sensei, definitely the last person she wanted to see.

"Sensei..." the girl sniffled as tears started forming in her eyes.

"Konoe, what's wrong?" Fujigaya asked in a worrisome tone.

"Sensei... Chiyo..." she sniffled between each word.

The teacher placed a hand on his student's shoulder and with the other, he wiped her tears, "What happened?" he asked soothingly.

"Chiyo... she won't talk to me." Tears ran down Konoe's cheeks.

"How come?" he asked.

Unsure of what to say, she ended up telling him the truth, "Th- there's this guy that I like, and..." Doki, for some reason, Fujigaya felt a strong pain in his chest.."...and I refused to tell her who it is, so she said..." Konoe struggled to speak, "...she said that she will never speak to me again."

Fujigaya Sensei suddenly hugged Konoe. Her eyes widened in surprise.

"Don't worry. Everything is going to be alright." he said in a soothing tone, "You girls are always together, nothing that small is going to destroy a friendship as strong as yours." he tried to comfort her.

Konoe broke into tears, "Sensei..." She hugged him tightly, "Thank you Sensei." she did her best to smile at him.

Fujigaya smiled back, "It's already dark outside, should I drive you home?"

"It's okay Sensei, I'll walk." she said as wiped the tears from her eyes.

"No, it's dangerous for a girl your age to be walking alone at night. I insist."

Konoe grabbed her things from the classroom and walked with Sensei to his car. They both got in and he started driving.

"Hey, Konoe. Why didn't you just tell your friend who you like?"

"I was afraid she would tell others."

"Aren't friends supposed to trust each other?" Sensei looked at Konoe.

She blushed and looked through the window, "But... Also because this person I like," Konoe stammered. Her face was completely red, "he... I'm not supposed to like him."

"How come?"

Sensei you're so dull.

"I... I can't say." she regretted telling him, worrying that he might think that she likes someone else.

Fujigaya smiled faintly, wondering who this guy is. Shortly after, they arrived at Konoe's home. She thanked him for the ride and he waved her goodbye.

After that day, Sensei wondered why his heart hurt when Konoe said she loves some other guy. Little did he know that her heart was beating for him. But he didn't want to admit that he could fall in love with a student.