Chapter 14: In the Mall With Sensei

The girls planned to have a sleepover from Saturday to Sunday and then to go out together on Sunday. Konoe panicked, believing that she didn't have any clothes to go out with her frinds, so she spent Saturday afternoon in the mall.

She stood in the clothes store, unconfidently wondering what to buy.

KONOE PoV:

"Hey, Konoe!" Eh? This voice... I turned around to look at the person who had called me.

"It is you!"

"Fujigaya Sensei!" I said in surprise.

"I didn't think I would find you here. How are you?" He smiled and said in an energetic tone.

I blushed furiously , my face was burning, I just want to hide. Why here? Of all places, why did I have to find him here?

"Huh? Your face is red. Why are you blushing so much?"

"Sensei...." I looked around us. We were surrounded by many displays of bras and women's underwear. My face became redder and redder.

Sensei then saw where we were and blushed as well. I giggled at his blushing face, Sensei noticed and scratched his head in embarrassment while laughing.

"Well then, see you." he said as he waved and left.

I paid for my things and then headed out. I can't believe I saw Sensei there... I laughed as I remembered what had happened.

I walked around the huge mall, it's still early, where should I go now? All of a sudden, an old lady fell onto the ground. Every one stopped to look at her struggle to get up, but how come no one is helping her? They're all just staring. I dropped my shopping bags and ran towards the lady.

As I helped her up, I heard a familiar voice within the crowd, "Hey! Don't touch her things!" Fujigaya Sensei pushed away a man that had picked up my bags. He then walked up to us and helped me with the lady. He easily picked up the old lady and put her onto her feet. So strong... The old lady bowed and thanked us many times, she tried to offer us money, but Sensei and I refused to accept it. She then left to find her son.

"Sensei, thank you for protecting my bags."

"It was nothing. It was really nice of you to help that lady when no one else did anything." he smiled.

I blushed and looked down, then I remembered Sensei had been carrying my bags. "Thanks, I can carry those now."

Sensei moved the bags away from my hands and kept holding them, "It's okay. These are really heavy, I can hold them for you." He smiled with eyes closed at me.

"But-" I was interrupted by the sound of my stomach growling.

Sensei laughed out loud, I really love his laugh, but this is embarassing. "Let's go, I'll buy you an icecream." 

"N-no, it's okay. I have money."

"Come on, I insist. What flavour do you like?"

"Sensei, I-"

Fujigaya Sensei grabbed my hand and ran towards the icecream shop. I blushed and remembered Sensei held my hand once before, the time I fell asleep in his classroom. Actually, if I think about it, besides holding my hand, I recalled him patting me on the head, he has also hugged me and kissed my forehead. Why does Sensei do these things, they're so misleading.... Sensei doesn't understand how much my heart hurts for him.

He then stopped and looked at me with a worried face, "Konoe, are you okay?" I returned from my thoughts and looked up at him, smiling, "Yeah." For some reason Sensei blushed.

He cleared his throat, "So, which flavor do you want?"

"Umm... I looked at the display and my eyes glowed at the sight of the new cherry flavor, it looks so good!!

"Cherry?" I was startled as Sensei's face suddenly appeared next to mine, "You really like sweet things don't you?" I smiled and Sensei ordered a cherry icecream and another of caramel.

So Sensei likes caramel? I wonder if I should have ordered that one as well, it also looks tasty.

"Do you want to taste mine?"

"Huh?" Crap, Sensei noticed I was looking at his. But... No way, licking Sensei's icecream? My face became hot.

"It's okay, I'll go ask for a spoon." Sensei smiled and went to ask the waitress for a spoon and handed it to me.

I tasted his caramel icecream. "Mmmm!" I melted with the icecream in my mouth.

Sensei laughed "You do look a puppy!" he joked and I puffed my cheeks. Why did my class have to compare me to a puppy?

Sensei and I talked while eating the icecream and all of a sudden I realized, Isn't this kind of like being in a date with Sensei? I blushed at the thought of it and then smiled.

"Sensei, thank you for today. I had fun." I said once we finished eating, and then we parted. 

Fujigaya PoV:

I left the bags on the entrance and threw myself onto the couch. "Haa~" That felt nice, Konoe's such a sweet girl....

Huh?! I springed up from the couch. Did I just go on a date with a student? An image of Konoe smiling suddenly appeared in my mind and I covered my mouth with my palm. Why am I blushing so much? I slapped my cheeks and shook my head, Konoe's a student, nothing else.