Chapter 9

As weeks passed, the basketball tournament of the boys’ team vs. the teachers came closer. Aki, Chiyo and Rin were still eager to find out who Konoe likes, so they took her to watch the games after school.

As the girls made fun of Konoe, bugging her to tell them her crush, Konoe spaced out as usual.

She sat on the GYM bleachers, hugging her knees, gazing at Fujigaya dreamily. He was all she could think of.

Konoe watched as Fujigaya run up and down the court. A student on the team knocked Fujigaya sensei to the ground causing a huge thud to fill the GYM.

Konoe tried to resist herself from running over to help her teacher. But as he fell to the floor, she stood up and watched him, looking worried.

Chiyo, Aki, and Rin noticed Konoe’s reaction and looked at each other suspiciously.

Fujigaya was given two free shots. Konoe watched closely, her eyes fixed on his well-built body.

He gave his first shot, but as he jumped, he looked to the side, noticing Konoe looking at him and missed.

As he prepared to give his last shot, Fujigaya looked over at Konoe, wondering if she was still watching him. Their eyes met and Konoe quickly averted her gaze, pretending to look somewhere else.

Fujigaya smiled, Watch this Konoe, he thought, wanting to impress her. He focused on the basket and dribbled a couple of times before shooting. Konoe looked back at him and was amazed at his concentrated face. So cool…, she thought as he leapt to the air and shot the ball, making a swish. Konoe jumped up in amazement and happiness. Fujigaya looked surprised and pleased at her reaction.

As Konoe celebrated, the suspicions of her friends grew, but they didn’t want to believe that the sweet Konoe’s first crush is their teacher.