Chapter 18

It is Friday, Konoe had stayed behind after school to finish an Art class project. After she completed it, she had to clean up the classroom.

As Konoe was cleaning the paintbrushes in the sink, she heard an echoing sound of footsteps in the room. She slowly turned around and was surprised to see Fujigaya Sensei right behind her, an arm stretch distance from her.

"Fujigaya Sensei?"

"Konoe..." he paused and looked surprised "Has Aoki Sensei gone home yet?" he asked as he looked around the dark room.

"Yes." Konoe replied.

"Hmm... Is that so..." he said, no longer interested in Aoki Sensei.

Konoe, feeling embarrassed, decided to leave. "Excuse me." she said, clearing her throat, " I should be going."

Konoe started making her way to the door, but Fujigaya was determined to finally tell her how he felt about her, so he grabbed her hand. Konoe looked back and was about to speak, but was interrupted by Fujigaya.

"Konoe, this time I really need you to tell me why you've been avoiding me."

She was surprised, not understanding why he wanted to know this so badly, "I-I can't."

"Please tell me, I promise I won't find it weird."

"But-"

"I promise!" he then calmed down, "Konoe..." Fujigaya held her hands tightly and got closer to her, bringing himself to her height, "Please tell me what you think of me."

She looked away, blushing.

"Please."

Konoe closed her eyes tightly as Fujigaya got closer and closer to her, embarrassed to look at him. He was close enough for her to feel his warm breath.

"Do you hate me?" She shook her head strongly, "Do you find me annoying?" she shook her head once more, still with her eyes closed.

"Then why?"

Fujigaya, thinking it's impossible, still decided to ask, "Do you perhaps... like me?"

Konoe opened her eyes in surprise at the sudden question and blushed furiously.

Fujigaya then blushed as well and become flustered, "Ah, that is, uh... As a teacher of course." He laughed nervously as he scratched his head.

Konoe then decided to speak, "Sensei... Why is it so important for you to know?"

"Because I don't want to have a bad relationship like this with a student... especially not with this student."

Konoe looked surprised again. "Ah, no, what I meant was.... Just forget what I said."

"Sensei, I should--"

"Wait. Would you like to go to the oceanarium together with me this Sunday?"

Konoe's eyes suddenly widened and from the excitement, without thinking she answered, "Yes, yes, yes!!!"

Fujigaya chuckled at her reaction, "Okay. meet me at 2 then." he waved at her and left the art room. 'After all, I wasn't able to tell her...' he thought, disappointed at himself.