Chapter 4

I woke up with my sketchbook on my chest and my pencil somewhere long gone.

As I sat up and saw a note on my small table. I stood up stretching.

I took the note into my hands. It said:

'Good morning to you :). I left the moment you fell asleep. Didn't stay because I didn't want you to think I'm a creep. Also you look cute sleeping.

-joji

This dude makes me blush even in his writing.

I folded the letter nicely and putted it into my drawer.

I walked down stairs, dad sitting down, drinking coffee.

"Hey." I spoke up.

"Oh hey honey, how are you?" Dad looked at me, with a smile.

"I'm good, what about you?" I asked walking into the kitchen.

"I'm fine." He nod.

I was looking threw the cupboards looking for anything to eat.

"Hey Dad we need some food." I looked over at him.

"Well we can go, but you can go alone if you want. Some teenagers don't want their parents around in public. They get embarrassed." He was staring at the tv, that wasn't on.

I just laughed. "I'm not them. Just get up and lets go." I ran up the stairs to my room.

I grabbed my phone and a jacket.

And ran down the stairs. Running out the door, stopping to lock it.

I jumped the stairs and ran to the car.

I jerked the car doors open. Sitting down on the leather seat.

Dad turned up some classic song he knew. And I just sat looking out the window.

Dad looks really tired. Probably the boss is giving him more work than usual. I shrugged it off.

As we arrived, I jumped out of the car waiting for my dad.

We linked arms and walked towards the market.

I walked over to get a cart, and rolled it back to my dad.

////

We got bunch of food. Well we are not starving for a while.

Dad pulled over and I saw Max standing on the porch. Right on time Maxine.

I climbed out of the car and shouted for Max to come.

He smiled at me and walked over.

"Help us Carry these bags Maxine."

"Hey! I told you to stop calling me that." He grumbled, but still took two bags.

I smiled and took three easy ones.

We walked in. Max had the spare key. It's like I said, it's his second home.

We putted away all the food and took some snacks and walked to my room.

As I closed the door I heard my dad cough really loud and harshly ahhh bad cold.

He was sitting on my bed, eating Chips and reading the letter Joji wrote.

I took the letter from his palms. "Hey! That's mine." I laughed at him.

"Joji has a mad crush on you." Max smiled at me a warm smile.

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes.

"You'll see, every guy has a crush on you. You just don't notice." He looked out the window.

The realization hit me and my eyes went wide.

"You.. you like me?" I stutter.

He laughed and nod. "Well more like, liked. I kinda got over it you know?"

"No, I don't know. Why didn't you tell me? We are friends like forever." I looked at him.

"I didn't want us to end. If you would of liked me back, and we would of dated. What would happened next? Would you just ignore me or the rest of the life?" Max asked.

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms over his neck hugging him.

We fell on the bed he wrapped his arm around my waist.

I pressed my lips to his cheek. "If you find the women of your life and get married to her or some other shit. I will forever love you Max. You are a brother that I never had. I hope you don't see this as friend zone.." I trailed of, climbing off him and sitting next to him.

"No, I don't see this as friend zone, because I love you too, even if you marry Joji." He grinned ear to ear.

I just laughed. "You wish." And we talked about random shit.