| twelve |

i didn't sleep the rest of the night, i was too worried to sleep.
millie could've been abused, peters known for getting drunk and doing stupid things.
tomorrow was millie's mothers funeral and i asked if i could take her.
she seemed happy until i mentioned chloe.

"yeah, yeah also chloe's coming too." i whispered into the phone

"oh—," she paused "who's chloe again?"

"m-my g-girlfriend." i managed to choke out

"okay."

and then the line went dead

i didn't know if she was happy for me or angry.
she hasn't talked to me since but i was going to drive over and make sure everything was okay.
before i could leave my phone went off.

unknown : hey finny boy, miss me?

me : not really

unknown : well guess what? i have another game

me : is that so

unknown : break up with chloe

me : no

i turned off my phone and ignored it.
i drove to millie's silently as i began to think why would this person want me to break up with chloe.
she was a great person, maybe its one of her ex-boyfriends or scary husband.

i ran the doorbell to millie's house and she opened it in the matter of a minute.

"hi.." i mumbled

"hi, um, i actually trying to find clothes for tomorrow, wanna come help?"

i nodded as she guided me to her room.

once we walked in there were clothes thrown all over the place, except the two black dresses laid perfectly on her bed.
she picked each of them up carefully and held them against her body.

"which one?"

i pointed to the one the was holding to the right of her.

"good choice." she said as she hung it up "so do you have your clothes ready for tomorrow?"

"am i still taking you? you didn't seem too thrilled about it the other night when i said i'd be bringing chloe.."

"yes your still taking me, i bet you and chloe are cute." she showed a broken smile

"and, peter is he coming?"